Chapter 5

Yukari woke up in a strange place. She looked around. She was on a large and soft futon and the floor was an expensive bamboo.

"Are you feeling better?" A woman walked up to her. Yukari focused more and found that it was Akira.

"I'm fine... But where am I?" Yukari responded looking around.

"You're in my room. When I found you, you were badly injured. So I decided to bring you here to be treated." Akira responded placing her hand on her head.

Yukari blushed as she felt Akira's hand, "I'm okay... How long was I out?"

"Two days." Akira responded.

"TWO DAYS!" Yukari yelled, "I need to get back out there! The Gin Kingdom might be advancing forward into our land!"

"N-no!" Akira responded, "Fighting in that condition is like suicide!"

"I don't care!" Yukari replied, "My duty is to protect this kingdom and. I'll do anything to!"

"But your not going alone."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going with you."

"Akira-"

"As your Princess I order you to take me with you!" Akira cried.

"Akira..." Yukari responded, her face dripping with tears, "Why do you care for me so much?"

Akira wrapped her arms around Yukari, "I don't know. But the thing that I am certain of is that you need me, and I'm willing to help you."

"Meet me tomorrow at dawn." Yukari smiled as she wiped her tears.

"Mhm!" Akira responded with a smile.

-Timeskip to the next day-

Akira grabbed her katana, bow, and then a sack of necessities. She grabbed her best horse and rode of to the same grassy clearing Yukari would train her. She saw Yukari holding a red piece of armor.

"Yukari I'm here." Akira told her.

"Akira... I'm not sure that you should come. People will know that you are the Princess and try to attack you." Yukari sighed.

"Then I'll make sure they won't recognize me." Akira responded.

"How would you-" Yukari stared at Akira.

Akira picked her katana up, and in one slice she cut her hair. She looked different, she seemed more like a guy now that her hair was cut extremely short.

Yukari felt her face grow very warm, she blushed furiously when she saw Akira's new look.

"I don't think anyone will recognize me now..." Akira said scratching her own neck.

Yukari was speechless, "O-okay... Um... Uh... L-let's go... I g-guess..."

Yukari handed Akira her armor. Then Yukari got onto her horse trying not to make eyes contact with Akira, "Put that on... And please hurry."

Akira put her armor on jumped unto her horse, "Let's go Yukari!"

"Mhm!" Yukari smiled as she started to move.

The two rode off.

-Meanwhile-

"Akira?" Akira's father called, "Where are you child?"

Akira's father opened the door. He saw nothing he decided to look in an other room until something caught his eye. The emperor walked over to Akira's bed to find a katana, poorly hidden under the covers.

"AKIRA!" The emperor worriedly cried.