Chapter 1

*I do not own anything. The Characters and setting Belong to Daron Nefcy and Disney*

Marco Diaz was pacing back and forth in his fairly decent Echo Creek apartment. It was a warm Autum day and Marco was at a crossroads with his decision. Marco had grown to be a strong, buff gentleman like his father. His voice made everyone stop what they were saying to listen to him.  Much like all of his peers at Echo Creek, Marco grew and became one of the most handsome guys by the end of Junior year. No one could deny that, not even Brittney! (the head cheerleader of Echo Creek) All the girls wanted themselves to be with him, but only one girl kept herself in his sight.....

  Marco, now 25 years of age, liked who he turned out to be. After debating on what he wanted to be for so long, he finnaly went into the career of psychology. After getting a job at a local office, Marco soon bought a 2 room house in Downtown Echo Creek. His parents were proud of him and praised him for being a successful man. Although Marco had what everyone else wished they had, a car, place to live, loving parents, good friends, Marco knew he needed one puzzle piece to finish it all: A bride.

No not any bride, the most beautiful young woman he had the pleasure of meeting at the age of 14. Star Butterfly. That name, that wonderful name that everyone across town knew. The princess from another Dimension that changed his life. Her long, blonde hair smooth as silk and as bright as the sun, those incredible show stopping diamond eyes would impress all that saw, every feature of her made Marco fall for her everyday even though they were far apart.

Soon after the two graduated at the age of 18, Star had the fate of her worst nightmare: Queen of Mewni. Nothing happened to Queen Moon, nor King River, but Star's training was over at Earth... and this time for good. Her and Marco were never together as an official couple, but they both loved eachother. So much even, Star didn't want Marco to have to endure the struggles and pressures of being future king. Star remembered that dreadful June night clearly:

FLASHBACK
"Marco, we need to talk....about us....about this."

"Star, what's wrong, what happened?"

"Marco...I know that we both don't want this to ever end. Me being on Earth, me being with you forever, everything."

"Star," Marco said, his throat tightening with tears threatening to leave,"What are you talking about?"

"Marco, I know neither of us want us to be apart...more than we have to even, but I love you so much that I don't want you to marry me and have to be something you weren't destined to be," Star said more harshly than intended. It was true she loved Marco, but she didn't want him to waste his life being king of Mewni, when he had something much more Better planned.

" I'm not leaving you alone Star! I can't lose you like I did again. I....I...Like you too! I can't bear the thought of being with someone who doesn't love you more than-" Marco stopped, afraid he said too much.

"Marco?"

"I'll just leave you to be alone.... I'm going home."

"MARCO?!"

"Goodbye, Star"

"MARCO DIAZ!" As much as star wanted him to leave, she never thought losing him would hurt her more than it did that night....

FLASHBACK OVER

Even though their relationship ended on a sour note like that, they soon forgave eachother. They never talked about the night of their heated argument, but rather went around it like a nasty stain on the carpet that no one bothered to touch. Marco visited her every other weekend for the past 6 years now. It wasn't until 2 years ago that they started dating officially. Unfortunately, it was treason on Mewni for the Queen to marry one not of Mewni Heritage. The people loved Marco ever since the defeat of Ludo and Toffee, they just feared that Star would soon turn into someone as strong, someone as terrifying as Eclipsa. To assure that the people didn't revolt against the monarchy once again, Queen Moon and King River told Star and Marco to end their relationship. It wasn't that they didn't love Marco any less, they just wanted to keep the monarchy in balance. Of course, the two lovebirds didn't stop courting. In fact, they actually grew closer....

That brings us to present day Echo Creek and why our beloved Marco Diaz was at a crossroads. The answer: He was going to propose to Star. The plan was simple. Star's 25th birthday was on the weekend of next week. The kingdom had week long celebrations for the Princess to show their appreciation and love to their future ruler. Marco always took a week off from work to participate in those festivities, so it would not be so abnormal and suspicious if he stayed. That entire week, Marco would spend so much time with her, to love her more than he already did so that one day they would be husband and wife. Could the plan backfire? Yes. Was this so treasonous and stupid that he could ruin the monarchy? Hell Yeah! Did Marco care for the judgement of others? No. He only cared for the love of his soon-to-be-finance. Marco even debated if he should even do this.

"Come on Marco you love her right? So why are you being such a baby?" Marco paced more.
"What if she says no? What if the king and queen won't approve?!" Marco sat on the couch.
"It doesn't matter anyways....she doesn't love you like you do her..." Tears pooled in the corner of his eyes as he cuddled a pillow.

"Come on dude! She loves you as much as you do her! Go to her!"

"Who's that?!"

Janna appeared from behind the couch, frightening Marco. He screamed, and wiped his eyes, afraid Janna would tease him for crying.
"JANNA WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Dude why are you making such a big deal about this? And...are...are you crying," Janna covered her mouth before doubling over on the couch. She looked up to see Marco with tear streaks down his face and Red eyes to only realize that he was truly scared. Star had told Janna the adventures Marco and she had encountered over the years, and how brave Marco was, but those stories of near-death experiences and the fear on Marco's face didn't compare to the fear she saw on his....she actually felt bad for him.

Instantly, she stopped laughing only to go over to him and give him a hug. While some speculated that Janna liked Marco, it became apparent that Janna had eyes for someone else.
(Any guess as to who?!)

Anyways, Janna was a long time friend to Marco. And although they never had sibilings of their own, they were as close to it as they could get. Janna had matured very nicely. She used to be the rough and tough girl that never liked anyone and  only wore greens and grays, but you could obviously tell that was a phase. She outgrew her long, black hair, Making her look older automatically. She grew taller, and although she didn't have the biggest chest or biggest hips, one could easily tell she was one of the best of the group to grow up. She wasn't as rebellious as her 14 year old self was, but she still had her ways. She graduated with decent grades and went to a decent college to only graduate and be a school teacher. She had a secret love for children and even if she didn't show it, in her eyes you could she the compassion she had for each student.

"I'm sorry Marco...I shouldn't have laughed, but you should know that Star loves you." Marco looked up with puffy eyes and smiled softly.

"Thanks Janna. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get in my house?"

Janna smirked," A magician never reveals her secrets!"

Marco groaned and laughed. 
" How about this magician tells Tom that you have the hots for him!"

Janna blushed, and punched Marco in the arm playfully!

"It was the one time weirdo! I don't like him anymore."

" You're a bad liar Janna. Anyways I leave for Mewni tomorrow. So I need to rest. Wanna come with me or do you want to come on her Birthday," Marco asked.

"I'm gonna let the two of you do whatever. I'd hate to be the third wheel of it all. Have fun you crazy cat. But not too much fun," Janna said with a wink.

"JANNA!"
Janna left out the front door, leaving Marco once again alone with his thoughts. He looked at the clock. It was 8:24 in the evening.  It was going to be a long night.