Chapter 16

And I'm back! As of right now (August 11th) I have started school, but it's the weekend and instead of sleeping I'm here. But it's all good. I love to write before I sleep. I feel like sometimes I think better before I sleep before I do all day. But I'm just rambling on..... here's chapter 16.

*I don't own the characters or pictures, nor the song, they belong to their rightful owners*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On this terrible, terrible day, Mewni not only lost a Queen, but we lost a Wife, a Mother, a friend to many. On this day we lost the backbone of this kingdom. Without the dedication and hard work of this beautiful creature, no of us would be here. Our queen has terminated her presence here not to sadden us, but to show that life is too short, and nothing is guaranteed. Things will never get easier, but we can heal together. We must do it for her. In her honor to continue her legacy. Rest in Peace to Moon "The Undaunted" Butterfly.

Star stood before her kingdom. The day was dark, gloomy, and cold, as was her heart. Her heart ached not only because she lost her mother before saying goodbye, but because her mother left without Star being able to apologise. Star didn't get the closure that most people would. No, Star didn't even get a goodbye.

Now here she was, stone faced, choking back the tears, while the priest said great things about her mother, before the grieving kingdom. On that faithful day, Marco had come back, but in return, she lost her Mother. It was like a bad dream.

It's ok. You'll wake up and she'll scold you for sleeping in. Like when I was a child. This isn't real. Marco isn't back, Janna and Tom are still getting married in a week, and Mom is in the bed, still in a coma. It's all a dream. It's all a really bad dream. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Why aren't you waking up?

If only it were a bad dream. It seemed....staged. Like a cheesy highschool play where everyone faked tears and sobs. And then that would be the end. The Curtains would close and none of that would be real. Those actors were fine and nothing bad happened after all, it was all staged.

"Star.....do you. You don't have to if you don't want to."

Star felt she had no choice. What would a kingdom say if the next heir didn't say anything about her late Mother? And right now wasn't the time for more attention than she was already getting.

Right now, Star Butterfly wasn't on Mewni. Physically yes, but spiritually, she wasn't. It was as her soul had taken flight to find happiness and comfort in this morbid, dreary place. When asked to perform the funeral arrangements, as River was too mentally ill to do so, she'd simply nod her head, not knowing what she was agreeing to or to whom she was agreeing with. Faces were blurs, and voices were just pure rubbish. Come time for the funeral, she got up, and proceeded her day like normal.

She got breakfast, took a shower, walked around the garden for what seemed like hours, and did work for her mother who was simply sleeping in her room, getting better.

A maid had to lead her back to her room to prepare her for the service. Star hadn't realized that she never planned the ceremony. Maybe she meant to do that, to risk any outbursts from herself, or her dad. Yet, seeing all the arrangements that she made were thought out and beautiful, regardless of the situation. She was taken aback of how much her Mom would like it.

That is when it hit Star.

Her Mother was dead. And she wasn't coming back.