Ch 9: After Math

Peter's POV

I stop running and take a step forward. I stop from eating my Twinkie confused and look behind me to see four teenagers driving in a yellow car. I let go of the Twinkie and look at the business card. This is it right? Then what is happening there?

I speed down to the basement and see a large explosion. I look behind me and see four people, a man, two women, and Y/N. I look back in front of me and move a piece of metal then I flick another piece. For some reason it seems like a red cloud is coming out of the explosion. Oh well, time to work. I crack my fingers then run to the closest person. I spin the man around then speed him outside before returning to the basement. I grab onto a woman with blond hair and speed her outside. When I go to get the brunette woman I pose with a peace sign and pouted lips like she's taking a picture. I then put one arm around her waist and one holding her hand like we're dancing. After running her outside I return for Y/N. Saved the best for last. I see her hands are surrounded my the usual red mist that appears when she uses her power; eyes glowing red. I pick her up bridal style and speed her outside. I smooth down her hair a bit and straighten her jacket. I nod in approval before leaving again.

I come into the main lobby and speed four kids outside. I come back to the lobby and look around. I see a girl on the steps and I run across floor boards to reach her before running away across the wall.

I come into a library and speed three kids out. I return and stop in front of a girl while I see a fish in mid air. I grab onto a glass thing and swoop the fish and some water into it. I drop the glass for a second while I go to the girl's back and move her hands so she holds the glass before speeding her outside.

I come into a bathroom and look under the stall doors. Thankfully no one is there. That would be awkward! I toss a comb from a boys hand and lick my palms before spiking his hair upward.

Next I go into a classroom (I think science). I speed out the teacher away from the blown up chalk board behind her; then two girls who are standing while holding books. Finally, I speed four students around desks outside.

I come onto a balcony where I see two kids, a boy and a girl. The boy is attempting to kiss the totally disgusted girl. Gross. I think while scrunching up my nose. I save the poor girl first and toss her into the air just above the lake; then I throw the boy as well.

I enter a dorm room with two boys and catch a dart. I stick my tongue out in concentration while positioning it to hit the bull's-eye. I speed a boy with long hair out then I return to throw the kid who was playing darts out the window bundled inside a mattress.

I moon walk into a common room and see the explosion dangerously close. I grab onto the curtains and whip them to break the window. I run outside and speed up two trees to attach the curtains. I come back in and throw four students out the window. I pick up a girl and speed her outside; before coming back to drink the rest of her soda.

I check a dorm room and see a bulldog eating out of a pizza box. I eat all of the untouched slices then pick up the bulldog and run him outside. I place him on the ground and run back into the school.

I kick open a door and hold a karate pose while I see a fleeing boy and a girl. I run from the floor to the ceiling and back down again to them. I pick them both up and kick a table in front of me. The table breaks the window and I jump out of the window onto the now upside down table. The school explodes behind me while I smile. This is just like those action movies. I backflip off the table onto a wall surrounding a paved area. I run across the wall and onto the field. I set the two kids down and everything moves at normal speed. I take off my glasses and look around. "Wow!"

Your POV

I slightly lose my footing and confusingly look around. "Wow!" Wait a second... What just happened? I turn around and see Peter. That actually makes a lot of sense. "Wh-Where did you-?" "I was looking for the professor. I thought he lived here." Realization hits me and I look at Hank worried. "They took him." As I worry about Charles, kids begin to whisper. "She's the one. Its her." "Are you sure?" "Is she gonna help us?" As the kids begin to stop coughing, more and more people look toward Raven in her true form. Raven looks around worriedly. "They look up to you." Hank says. "Right now... They need you." "That's not what they need." Raven turns into her human form as the kids gasp.

Just then a yellow car pulls up and Jean, Scott, Jubilee and Kurt pile out. Scott runs toward us quickly. "What happened? Where's Alex? Where's my brother?!" My eyes widen and I cover my mouth. Peter looks around confused. "I'm pretty sure I got everybody." Oh no... "I couldn't save him..." I whisper. Peter looks at me confused. "Alex was closest to the blast." Hank explains to Peter. Scott runs off toward the destroyed school and I shake my head repeatedly. Raven comes over and pulls me into a hug. I hug back and bury my head into her shoulder. As I let go of Raven, Peter looks at me, his face full of worry for me.

I hear a radio from somewhere near by. "We're one click out." I look around confused. "All right boys, this is it." I look upward and see a helicopter. "Please remain calm. Medical assistance is on the way." The recording plays on repeat as the helicopters land. This doesn't feel right. Soldiers emit from the helicopters. "Hey! Moira MacTaggert! CIA! Thank God your here!" Moira walks toward them with her badge. I walk over to Peter lightly hold onto his arm. "Something's not right Pete." Hank squints at the head guy as he takes off his glasses. "Wait!" I whip around with Peter as I let go to face Raven. "Fire!" Everything goes black as I close my eyes and fall to the ground.

3rd Person

Stryker walks toward the group of unconscious people. "I want her," he points to Moira. "Him," he points to Hank. "Him," he points to Peter. "Her," he points to Y/N. "And her," he says looking at Raven. "Yes sir!" Stryker begins to walk back toward the helicopters. "Leave the kids!" Jean, Scott and Kurt watch as the soldiers carry away their friends. "Vhat do we do," Kurt asks worriedly. "Keep quiet," Jean says as they all duck behind the remains of a wall. "X-Ray 7, I'm doing a final sweep of the ground." Jean lifts her fingers to her temple and uses her ability to make the soldier unable to see the teenagers. "Let's get them on the bird!" Stryker shouts. "Clear!" The soldier walks away and the teenagers watch as the soldiers load back into the helicopter. "Thanks, Jean. We gotta help them. Kurt, can you get us in that thing?" "You vant to get in dere? Vhat if da soldiers see us?" "Don't worry, they won't see us. Trust me." Kurt pauses before extending a hand to each friend. "Hold on."

Kurt teleports them and they're in the area of the helicopter where their friends are being held. "Kurt, get us all out of here!" Kurt tries and fails. "I can't. Vhen dey close the door, dere's some kind of electrical field. Its like Berlin all over." "Jean, get in the pilots' heads. Don't let them take off." "I can't. I can't reach the pilots. I can't reach anyone." Scott tries to find another solution but runs short.

The three mutants worriedly look toward their mentors and friends. Jean's heart aches at the site of Y/N unconscious and limp. But the smallest smile appeared at the sight of Peter and Y/N next to each other, hands almost holding.