Imogene

December 25 1921 New York

Imogene woke up with a head ache. Mickey's idea of eggnog was more whiskey than it was creamy milkshake. She reached up to scratch her eye brow, and instant shot up and cried out. She had cut her head! Then she remembered, and grinned. She had fallen asleep with the ring on! She stopped to admire the beautiful engagement ring, and reflect on what it meant. She then smiled, got up, and made her way to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

She thanked God for an empty kitchen, and cursed Satan as the light turned to needles in her brain. She closed the curtains, and set to work on the beignets. A few moments later Sissa entered the kitchen looking no better than Imogene was feeling. Imogene poured her a cup of coffee, as Sissa began making omelettes, with not a single word shared between them. Imogene knew she was going to miss mornings like these, the house wouldn't be the same without them. A high pitched squeal had her head reeling as little Emma found her presents. "Santa came! Santa came!"

"Was there ever any doubt, darling?"

Imogene grinned at Stanley's voice as he entered the room. This divine man was to be hers forever.

He seemed to be thinking the same thing as he crossed over to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Good morning, Imogene."

"Merry Christmas, Stanley."

He pressed a soft kiss onto her lips.

'And merry Christmas to me as well' she thought.