Imogene & Stanley

Imogene was in more pain than she'd ever been. Whose idea has this been? She let out a banshee like scream. Stanley's. Definitely Stanley's. She was going to murder him. And the ladies in her new mothers tea group. They were dead too.
"AYYYYEEEEEEE!"
If looks could kill poor Stanley would have been a goner. Luckily glares weren't a form of homicide, and Stanley was far too excited to be a father to notice them. He and his Imogene were going to parents, he had been spoiling Emma Jean for years. Now it was time for their own. He didn't care which gender. Boy or a girl, either was perfect. A nurse checked Imogene, and signed the doctor closet. "Now I know you are in some pain madame but it is almost over. You are crowning now, I just need you to give me one gigantic push." He said with a smile, "Stanley, you might want to hold your wife's hand." He quickly did as he was told. Imogene screwed up her face, sweat dripping from her dark hair, and let out one last terrifying howl. That was followed by a much tinier one.
"Congratulations Sir, it is a boy."
"Why..Why on earth are you congratulating him! I just did all the work! You give me my baby!" She snapped, the last part directed at the nurse cleaning off the baby and cooing at him. The doctors eyes widened at her fiery personality, and Stanley chuckled, as the doctor and his nurse exited. He turned his attention back to his wife and son. Imogene was suddenly soft. Under the bright harsh lights over the bed she still looked like an angel. A picture to be painted by one of the greats. He leaned forward to kiss her on the head and stopped cold. Under the lights his wife of three years hair gleamed dark, with the exception of a single hair. A single soft grey hair. "Imogene, darling... you are going gray." He whispered caressing her cheek. For the first time she looked away from her baby to stare into his eyes.

Emotions rushed through her. A gray hair. The first sign of aging she had shown in her almost ninety years of life. As she stared back into Stanley's eyes, her mind confirmed what her heart already knew. She had found the man she was intended to be with. She let a smile slip across her face. "Does it look okay on me?"

Stanley let every memory of his Imogene fly through his mind. The first time he saw her, that fateful night in Georgina's. Their first date, the night he proposed. Their wedding day, the most gorgeous bride ever seen. Then looked back at her. Holding his son, in her most natural state, with one single gray hair.

"Imogene you've never been more beautiful."