Mickey

Mickey was in trouble. He was late to the birth of his best friend's first child. As he raced down the hallway of the small hospital, he was so worried Imogene was going to kill him he didn't notice the poor nurse rounding the corner until he had knocked her to the floor.

"Ouch! Sir, please watch where you are going!" The red headed nurse on the floor cried out. Mickey scrambled to his feet, and helped her up.

"I'm so sorry, Miss..."

"Bonnie." She said. Looking up at him with large hazel eyes, and full red lips.

"My name is Bonnie."

*************************************

Imogene and Stanley's baby boy, Derek was among the more beautiful children Mickey had seen in his lifetime, but it still didn't erase the beauty he had discovered walking the halls of the hospital. After holding his Godson for a while, Mickey went back out to look for her.

It didn't take too long, it was hard to miss the shapely red head as she leaned over to pick up a fallen hospital gown.

"Bonnie." He said softly, and laughed when she jumped out of her skin."

"You again! What can I help you with now?" She was as fiery in attitude as she was in hair.

"Actually I was hoping to give you my name. I am Mickey."

"How nice. Is there anything else?"

"Yes. I'd like to take you to dinner tonight to apologize for trampling you earlier. My best friend's wife was giving birth to my godson and I was extremely excited. But that is no excuse for knocking down a lady, such as yourself."

"But it would have been okay to knock over another type of lady? I'll remember that about you, Mickey."

He could've yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry, that wasn't how that was supposed to sound. I intended it too be a compliment."

"I know you did. Which is why I am informing you I get off at seven and will see you then."