chapter thirteen

Rafe sighed, holding a grocery list from Sloth and Gluttony. Mostly from Gluttony. A day had already passed but it still feels like nothing new happened yet, he wanted to ask where he got the food before they were able to go out of the house but Envy told him not to ask. Rafe shivered to himself, he imagined the food came out from Gluttony himself. He shook his head, trying to not think about it. Rafe walked down the food aisle and carefully checked off the list, pushing the cart down.

After he was done, Rafe frowned. He saw Sloth's lazy writing. He has been questioning himself ever since he saw what was written.

'Blood of a Virgin'

Rafe doesn't think Sloth understands how a grocery works. A normal one at least. Still, he needed time out from the demons. And also the angel. His cheeks tinted pink, he remembered what happened yesterday. He never had anyone hold him closely before. It has been a long time since he had contact with someone else. Back at the house, he always had a rule of not touching any of them, he never liked touching anyways.

-

Rafe walked out of Walmart, he let out a big exhale. Finally relieved he was away from a crowd of people. Like I said, he doesn't like places with a lot of humans. Holding the bags of grocery, he wanted to walk home. Though Greed had hoarded a lot of money enough to buy a mansion, he still won't let Rafe take a cab and pay for it since he's using his money. It's not like Rafe wanted to even find a taxi, he hated conversing with the driver if he initiated it.

"Rafe?" someone spoke out. Rafe froze in his tracks, a familiar voice calling out to him.

And he never wanted to hear it again.

He tried to walk away faster but that person held his shoulder. "It is you."

Rafe had a heavy heart, the pain and trauma has been slowly clawing back to him. He didn't want to look at them in the face, he knew he would have an attack. Not again, not this time. He let out a deep breath, his hands trembling. He wanted someone to take him away, far from here, he wanted to contact the demons but since he hasn't done the ritual, they couldn't help him.

"How long has it been?" he asked, his tone happy. "You were missing-- I thought you..." Rafe grit his teeth and looked away.

"What do you want?"

"That's not how you greet your father is it?" he smiled sadly.

Rafe just felt a burst of rage and slapped away his hold of him, not looking at his face and glared at the ground. "Are you kidding? Of all the things you've done, being a father wasn't one." he nearly yelled in fury. "Quit acting like you're my real father. I'd rather have none than you."

His eyes darkened and took a threatening step towards him. "You watch your tone."

Rafe chuckled lowly, his heart breaking in every second. "You should've killed me when you had that chance." his eyes slowly widened, Rafe rose his shirt, revealing a deep long scar across his stomach. "You remember this?"

"Don't start with me, or I'll do it again." he growled, his hands forming into fists.

Rafe finally looked into his dark eyes, he felt like dying. Someone he hated all his life had come back. He loathed him to the point he wanted to kill him and Rafe would feel no regrets. Rafe wanted to laugh at his own life. How pathetic it had been. Why hadn't he killed himself yet again? He keeps forgetting. He's still got demons to deal with before he could even grab a rope or a blade.