chapter seventeen

Greed sniffed, he could smell the stench of. . . well, greed. He also sensed Envy and Pride were here as well. He was nearby the police station and he was sure criminals locked up in their cells are thieves. The forensics must have taken something of value. Greed is planning to steal it of course, but to him, it wasn't considered stealing if he claims he owns all possessions. Greed crawled on the wall, his body defying gravity, his powers transforming the wall into something easily climbable.

He reached the third floor of the building, and he saw a few uniformed people chattering at the hallway. Greed sensed Pride was nearby, he didn't care much before that Pride became the Superintendent in the Police. Seemingly, it's actually convenient for him to manipulate power in the shadows. Greed moved on to the next room, where Pride's office was, he entered the window that was open on purpose.

"I see you that you welcomed yourself in." Pride says, Greed watched him as he continued to file papers on his desk, his back turned to him.

Greed crawled beside a potted plant and he caught sight of Aina's picture on his hand. Pride glanced at him and he smirked, tucking in the picture into a brown envelope. He took out a key and unlocked the drawer of the desk, placing the envelope inside. Locking the drawer back, he dropped the key on the table but instead disappeared somewhere, keeping it hidden just like he did with the Apollo dagger.

Greed shifted. "You're doing something stupid again, aren't you?"

Pride rose a brow at him. "Haven't I cut your tongue?"

"It grew back."

Pride only chuckled but the aura around him grew dark. "What happened to the greedy animal that you always were? What changed?"

Greed glared at him and stood up. "What changed?" Pride's eyes glowed orange through his shades. "You're hunting the angel down, just like 5 years ago. We can't win against her."

"Her? You mean them." he retorted. "The heavens, they had this all planned. Trapped us in that forsaken house as punishment."

"Then what about Rafe?" at the mention of his name, Pride flinched.

"That weakling, I forgot he's still alive. He should've died at the hospital."

"You haven't killed him. Does he know his encounter with his step father was your doing?"

Pride clicked his tongue in distaste, turning away from Greed, and walked near the door. "That demon hunter, the woman. Interrupted me. This time, I won't let her." but he slowly grinned. "Wrath can dine on her corpse if he wishes."

Pride turned the knob on the door. "You go and get Envy, I have some business to attend to."

-

Felipe entered the room with a downcast expression. Envy chuckled at his return. "Someone's jealous."

Felipe glared at her and sat in front of her again. "Shut it demon, I'm taking solid information from you this time."

"Oh, don't mind me. I'm more interested in your, let me say-- rejection." she let out a cackle as his face twisted a frown.

"I'm an inch away from spilling holy water from you."

"Oh! I didn't know you were being courteous---" Envy hissed as the holy water sprinkled on her, steam coming off her body. She let out a demonic yell and struggled inside the devil trap, her body colliding with the invisible barrier. "I'll FUCKING EAT YOUR HEART."