chapter twelve

"You're getting better." Sachael speaks, his eyes downcasted, scribbling on the paper, not making eye contact.

Aina glances at him through the glass pavement. Her half naked body lying still on the soft cold bed. The plain white room making the lights illuminate brighter. She slowly closed her eyes and she let out a sigh, normally she would recover faster but because she used up most of her powers, she hadn't been able to. It's been centuries since the last time she went home upstairs.

"How much longer do I have to stay?" she asks, thinking of Rafe, worried about him since she's been gone.

"Getting impatient are we?" he says, his hand holding a clipboard. "Nearly done, i have to purify the water."

"Again?"

"It's for safety precautions." he replied.

She stayed quiet and watched the room's lights shut off. She heard the pipes whirring and then water soon started flooding the room, she stared off into space and let the water surround her body and fill the whole space. She blinked, the water not affecting her eyes. She floated around and soon fell asleep.

-

"How are you feeling?" Sachael asks as he flipped pages, Aina stared at him, a towel wrapped around her.

"Good. Can I leave now?"

"Not yet."

She supressed an inward groan. "What is it?"

"Your wings."

Aina looked doubtful. "Is it necessary?"

"Not really but--" his words were cut off short when Aina disappeared and left. He sighed to himself. "This job sucks."

Aina appeared back to the mansion lot of the demons with her clothes back on. She sensed lesser demonic presence. She suspects most of them weren't here. She was still furious from last time and wanted to unleash heaven fury but now is not the right time. She wants to speak with Rafe alone. Her eyes flashed blue and she looked at thin air beside her. Aina heard dogs growling but she didn't cower.

Her powers made her able to see the hellhounds.

"Sit." one bared it's teeth but they all sat down.

She looked away and sent Rafe a telepathic message telling him she was here. It didn't take too long when he opened the front door and ran to her in high speed. He looked frantic and worn out. Aina was surprised at this new look of him but she was starting to get used to it. She wondered if the demons had been tormenting him again, but in this case it wasn't.

"Things are going crazy in there." he said, out of breath. He panted once more and rested his hand on his knee but then properly stood up and met her eyes. "Y-you... you look fine." he sounded relieved.

"Yes."

"So did you know that Lust died?" he diverted the topic.

Aina blinked, to her it sounded like wonderful news, but the heavens wouldn't want that. "I see."

"But she can be brought back."

She looked grim, disappointed even. "I understand."

"I know you guys aren't tight or whatever, but we need Lust. She can help me."

Aina looked at Rafe. "You think I'm letting them help you after what they did?" he was silent, at loss for words. "I'm taking you back."

His expression dropped and his eyes widened. "Y-you can d-do that?" he stuttered. "But what about them?" he referred to the princes of hell.