Haunted Dreams and Grave Thoughts (stucky x reader)

warnings: polyamorous relationship, getting drunk, slight mentions of blood, near death experiences, mentions of aos characters, some swearing

steve rogers x bucky barnes x reader

word count: 4.3k+

Valerie on ao3 asks: Hi! Could I get a oneshot where reader is in polyamorous relationship with Steve and Bucky, reader does something that really angers and upsets the boys...

A/N: I would like to say thank you so much for your patience and I should've posted this like a millenia ago...also as a gift of you patience, this is essentially a full fic.

notes: this oneshot of sorts is inspired by this song, specifically this snippet:

And I've been sleepwalking, been wandering all night
Trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Burning House / Cam

"What were you thinking?" Steve said, as the three of them got off the quinjet

"What were you thinking?" Steve said, as the three of them got off the quinjet. The mission was rough, and Y/N made a tough call, that no doubtedly, Steve would have done the same.

"I was thinking about the mission, Cap. I was thinking about how there was no other way, and Natasha agreed to do it." Y/N replied. She would swear she saw Steve just roll his eyes.

"That's all you think about! Nat is minutes to her deathbed and you never seem to think about the other people involved! Even the civilians around us!"

A nerve snapped.

"Excuse me?" Y/N seethed, "says the one who defied the government, throwing millions into danger and the safeguard of the world to 'protect' his boyfriend."

All he saw was red.

All she saw was red too.

And poor Bucky Barnes was so confused and nervous that he had no idea what to do.

Three and a half hours ago

"West entrance, checked?" Steve mumbled into his comm.

"Copy that." Natasha replied, easily flipping herself onto another guard outside the base, choking him into consciousness.

"Got the south entrance." Y/N said, slicing a guard's arm. Shrieks were muffled with her boot in his mouth. "Whoops." she mumbled.

"Y/N? What was that?" Steve asked, audible grunting and clatters of the shield against the enemy's modified armor.

"I may have went a little trigger happy." she said taking out two more guards.

"Y/N, what have I told you?" She rolled her eyes, chucking a fella into the air for Sam to take out.

"Remember to take out the trash every Tuesday night?" Sam snickered, helping her out.

"No," his annoyance distinct, "don't overdo a mission with unnecessary casualties."