12) It Won't Be Long

It won't be long yeh, yeh, yeh
It won't be long yeh, till I belong to you

Every night when everybody has fun
Here am I sitting all on my own

It won't be long yeh, yeh, yeh
It won't be long yeh, till I belong to you

Since you left me, I'm so alone
Now you're coming, you're coming on home
I'll be good like I know I should
You're coming home, you're coming home

He didn't know how to start it. Liza was coming back to the manor in less than a few minutes and Lucas was freaking out. Professor Wesley was with him, trying to calm down her nephew.

"Child, I know I told you to tell her today, but she just survived a fire should you really tell her everything now?"

"Auntie, her father was in the cafe. He was the reason the fire happened. He could have killed people. He could have killed HER! He's ready for a fight. If I don't tell her now, I never will."

"Lucas, first you need to calm down and tell me what happened."

Lucas began to take deep breaths. He honestly didn't know why he was freaking out. Yeah sure the girl almost died at the hands of her father, but that had happened hundreds of times before. But for the first time in years, Lucas was scared. He was scared for himself, for what was left of his family... for Liza.

And he didn't know why.

usually he could stare danger down and not flinch when it hit. But now Lucas could feel as fear pulsed through his veins, and it scared him.

"Lucas... I've known you for years, you never overreact. Is... is there any chance that Liza is effecting the way you're thinking?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you've been watching this girl for about a year now. Is there any chance that you may have developed... feeling for the girl."

"Feelings?" he asked a little too angrily.

"Yes my dear. The line between love and hate is blurry. For a year you watched this girl. You protected her in her sleep. you watched as she evolved, creating new way to save herself from her father. You may threaten this girl now, but you would never hurt her, not now. Maybe three years ago, after the accident. But not now."

"Feelings make me weak."

"That may be so, but you always said that this girl would make you a hero again, in death or in life. And that is now true. She is the reason you will become a hero once again. You will become her hero. Don't ignore that."

The sudden opening of the door put a pause on the current conversation. Liza walked in, a few bandages on her skin, and a reluctant Becca in tote.

"Rebecca, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to have a chat with you."

"Sure thing," she said hesitantly. "Just let me help Liza upstairs."

"Professor Wesley can help her. There are urgent matters at hand."

Rebecca started at her aunt. The woman looked so foreign beside her brother, she looked so normal. Becca walked away from her friend, letting the kind-hearted woman help Liza up the stairs.