16) We Can Work It Out

Lucas' POV

Try to see it my way

Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on?

While you see it your way

Run the risk of knowing that our love may soon be gone

We can work it out
We can work it out

I stood there patiently waiting for my father's accused murder. I should hate him, but I never could bring myself to. In actuality I was thankful. My father was a cruel man, and honestly, what he did was payback for what my mother had done years before on the night she died.

"Waiting on someone?" A voice called out, a voice I had known all my life.

"Only for the world's slowest criminal," I replied, standing fully upward.

"So, what made you forgive me," the villain called out, still standing meters away.

"Come inside and see."

I turned around and walked through the slightly opened door. Rebecca was standing in the entryway, arms folded across her chest and a look of defiance. Her face was fuming when she saw the shadowy figure appear behind me.

"You're crazy. That's all I can say at this point. Why... why would you bring him here? Why would you bring our father's murder to our house? How in your right mind could you forgive him for what he's done?"

"Rebecca keep your voice down for starters. And I can forgive him because Liza forgave me."

"Yeah, but you never killed anyone," she snarled at his neighbor.

"Yes, but our mother did. Liza should hate the both of us. Our family took away hers."

"Yeah, our mother did. You didn't. He killed ours."

"No he didn't Rebecca. And I promise I will tell you the whole story, just later."

"You forget one thing brother: Liza may not hate Lucas, but she sure does hate White Raven."

And with that she walked away from me, heading as far away as she could from her father's murderer.

Deathspark and I continued throughout the house, walking in silence until we were in the viewing room. I put on the clip from earlier today and walked out, searching for Liza. The soft sound of her guitar told me where she was.

Think of what you're saying

You can get it wrong and still you think that it's alright

Think of what I'm saying

We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night

We can work it out
We can work it out

"Hey."

Liza looked up at me, not really startled. She put her guitar to the side and stood up, meeting me in an embrace. Her tears a long since dried up, but she still shook like she was crying. Liza looked up at me again and undid my mask. I leaned down to kiss her cheek, pulling her closer to me.

"I'm scared Lucas," she whispered to me. I pulled away from her.

"I know you are Liza. But it's ok. I have a plan. And... you might hate me for it."