Kolli

I climb into the car. Six branches down, eight to go.

"Where to now?"

"Somewhere to rest for the night. I'm exhausted."

"I'll find somewhere."

Several days already spent out and killing people.

Nikko is still clueless of the destruction I'm leaving behind me on my way back to New York.

Jason pulls into some motel parking lot, cutting the engine. I look down at my shirt. Thankfully, none of the blood from the Baton Rouge branch members is on me. I climb out of the car, grabbing my bag.

Jason runs into the office, getting us a room. He comes back out and motions me to follow him. He sticks the key into the door, unlocking it.

"Ew."

The room has a strange, musty odor to it. Jason cringes too.

"You want the shower first?"

"You can shower first."

He shrugs, grabbing clothes and entering the bathroom. The pipes whine as he turns on the water. I survey the room closely.

Small.

Two beds.

One small kitchenette.

One bathroom.

The bathroom door opens and Jason steps out, beads of water rolling down his face and arms.

"Shower is all yours."

I toss my bag on the bed, rooting through it for fresh clothes. Once I find some, I make my way to the bathroom. Closing the door behind me, I turn on the water. I wait until it gets to the hottest it can before spraying down the shower. When I'm satisfied with my sanitation job, I step into the spray.

Soap?

Axe soap?

Did I see Jason bring this into the bathroom?

I pop open the bottle, squeezing some of the 3-in-1 into my palm.

Oh yeah. This is his.

It smells exactly like him.

I can't help but smile as I scrub my scalp with the soap. I start to rinse it, watching the filth from the last few days swirl down the drain.

My last shower was two days ago, but it still feels like decades.

Once all the soap is out of my hair, I quickly wash my body. I shut off the water, stepping out carefully. I grab the other towel from the shelf above the toilet, drying off my body. My clean clothes slid onto my body with ease. I wrap my hair in the towel, stepping out of the bathroom.

Jason is sprawled out on the bed where my bag is resting, flipping channels.

"There is nothing good on these stations."

"Do you feel the need to take my bed?"

He smirks at me.

"Where's your name?"

"My bag is claiming it."

He leans up a little further, looking at the foot of the bed.

"Guess it is. Oh well."

He clicks off the television, slipping under the covers.

"I'm going to bed."

"Not in my bed!"

"It's just a mattress, Kolli. Just sleep in that one."

He points to the other bed.

"Why can't you sleep there?"

"Because I want to annoy you."

I clench and unclench my fists before ripping the towel from my hair. I drape it over the back of a chair.

"Not working."

"If it's not working, then you'll sleep in the other bed."

I'm not going to let him win. I flick off the main light, letting the lamp be the only light. I approach the bed and pull back the covers.

"What are you doing?"

"Not letting you win."

I squish onto the bed beside him, covering myself with the blankets. Jason shifts, flipping around so that his chest is against my back. I shudder at the thought of sharing the bed with him all night.

Hold the phone.

What are these thoughts running through my head?

I close my eyes, trying to block them out to no avail.

These romantic thoughts of Jason refuse to leave my head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romantic thoughts of Jason!?!?!

Does Kolli really like him or are these just random thoughts?

Guess you'll have to wait to find out!!!!

:)