Kolli

I hear crying.

Crying?

My mind takes a while to comprehend what is happening.

The baby!

I open my eyes to the most shocking site ever. Nikko is pacing around the room in boxers, cradling the little girl in his arms, soothing her. He coaxes a bottle into her mouth. Nikko approaches me and I close my eyes. The bed depresses as he sits near my legs.

"Don't wake up Kolli and we'll have no issues, little girl."

Is he really threatening a baby?

I can't tell if it's in a playfully loving manner or if he's serious.

I stay alert just in case he gets impatient.

I listen for a while. When Nikko stands, I take a peek at him. He's putting her back gently. Someone knocks softly on the bedroom door. Nikko rolls his eyes before opening it.

"What do you want, Tash. It's two in the morning."

"Sorry, sir. Aubrey called."

Aubrey? That's not the name of any gang leader or associate I am aware of.

"And? What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing, sir. She was wondering if you could meet her tomorrow. She wants to discuss something."

I can see Nikko is thinking it over carefully. He finally looks at Tash.

"I have a meeting first thing tomorrow morning. Tell her I'll see her for lunch."

"Will do, sir. Enjoy the rest of your night."

Tash goes to shut the door but Nikko stops him.

"Tashin?"

Nobody ever uses Tash's full name. Except Nikko when he is mad.

Tash visibly tenses at his full name, terrified.

"Yes?"

"If you come in here while my girlfriend is naked again, I'll kill you myself. Got it?"

"I didn't know, si-"

"Understood?"

This word is stressed a hair too much on Nikko's part, making Tash jump a little.

"Yes, sir."

Nikko dismisses him with a wave and the door shuts.

Naked? Really? I'm under the covers. It's not like I sleep on top of the covers. That would be a different story.

Nikko's arm wraps around me. I close my eyes. He still thinks I'm asleep still. He's unaware that I just saw him caring for the baby and plan a secret meeting with some woman named Aubrey.

He doesn't know I know.

Therefore, he won't know if I spy on him.