Kolli

I admire my handy work. The entirety of the Miami Branch now sprawled out in front of me, blank stares forever plastered on their faces.

They never saw it coming.

I put the safety back on before exiting the room, kicking the body of the leader's girlfriend out of the way.

She tried to stop me and save her boy-toy.

I shot her through the head in response.

I shut the meeting room door as I exit, looking down at my shirt.

"Mommy?"

I look up quickly. A little boy, can't be older than four, stares back at me.

"Mommy?"

He must be the leader's offspring. If not, he would have been sold already.

Maybe they just bought him for some reason.

"It's okay, little guy. You're Mommy is just taking a little nap. She wants you to come with me."

His little mind convinces him to willingly move into my arms. I carry him out of the warehouse, opening the back door of the car.

Of course, my phone picks this moment to start ringing. I look at the caller ID.

Nikko.

"Finish strapping him in. I have to take this."

I press the little green accept button, putting the device against my ear.

"Hello?"

"When do you plan on coming home?"

He sounds lonely. Almost. He's probably sleeping with his little pregnant side chick.

"Soon. They say that her tests are coming back with better results daily."

"I thought she was terminally ill."

"She is. Nobody is losing hope that she'll survive. I'm the only realist who is just waiting for her to die."

"Okay. Stay safe out there."

Is that a shred of caring I hear?

"Will do. I'll see you soon. And I promise, I'll make it up to you the minute I get home."

Now he sounds excited yet bored at the same time.

"Can't wait."

He hangs up and so do I. When I turn to get back to the car, Jason has a look of betrayal on his face.

Like I somehow just stabbed him straight through the heart.

"Jameson is all strapped in."

"Who?"

"The kid. He said his name is Jameson."

Jameson was the name of the leader down here. It's his kid.

When I'm silent, Jason gets my attention.

"So what are we going to do with him?"

"He has to tag along for the rest of the trip."

Jason shakes his head at me, laughing.

"You're joking, right?"

When I don't respond, he stops laughing and finally realizes how serious I am.

"We can't take a kid on a killing spree across the country!"

"We also can't leave him here or at some shelter. He'll be able to ID us."

"He's too young."

"It's just a precaution. If you really want to ditch him, I'll figure something out. For now, he stays with us. At least until we are out of state."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real question: Would this be kidnapping?!

Hahahaha!

Thanks for all the views and support!

I appreciate it!