Legacy: They Found Us

Chapter Five

        "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. Wyden, I've like you- no, I've loved you for a really long time. Wy, will you-" his question was interrupted by a window shattering at the end of the hall. They found us. We pulled out our glocks and started shooting at a tall, slim man with light blond hair wearing a black trench coat. The man fell to his knees and flopped down in a pool of blood. Ryne and I took off running down the hall as people rushed into the hall to see what had happened. We ran down flight after flight of stair cases, it seemed like hours before we reached the lobby. We busted through the front doors and took off down the street lit by thousands of street lights and the head lights of vehicles.

         We ran into an ally several streets away to catch out breath. We quickly looked back down the street to make sure we weren't being chased. We walked to the back of the ally and leaned up against the fence that separated this street from another. Ryne put his arm around me and pulled me close to him so that my head was leaning on his shoulder. He kissed my head and whispered to me, " I love you, Wy," then closed his eyes and put his head on mine. "I- I love you too, Ryne," i replied hesitantly. He smiled and we both drifted into a cautious sleep.

        The next morning we were awakened by sounds of sirens. We hopped up onto or feet and dashed out of the ally. We watched as ambulances rushed past us and down in the direction in which we came. We looked then each other and started running down down the street in the opposite direction. A few were stopped by a couple of rather fat cops. "What are ya'll doin' out of school?" they asked suspiciously. Ryne quickly replied, "we're from out of state, family vacation." I looked at Ryne and looked back at me, his facial expression telling me to play along. "Oh..where are your parents, and what are you running for?" the cops asked, seeming like they were trying to find any reason possible to take us in. "We were looking for them," i responded then looked at Ryne. He nodded in approval. The cops gave up and walked away, then we continued running down the endless street number of streets.