Chapter 11: Y/N is recruited

Before I start this chapter, I want to say a MASSIVE sorry to all those who have been waiting for me to update. I have been having major writers block, I promise to try to update more. I'm honestly trying to find more inspirations for this story, so if anyone has anyone ideas for future chapters, feel free to let me know.

Time skip to school the next day...

Reader's P.O.V:

RING!!!

I rush out of my classroom, through the hallways of school, trying to dodge everyone. I was in a rush and I needed to head home as I have tons of assignments due in a few days. As I exit the school, I rush through the streets swiftly and impatiently. I take every shortcut to my house, before finally reaching the front door of my house. I enter my house and enter the kitchen to grab a quick snack. When I enter the kitchen, I am shocked to see a medium size man... standing in front of the sink. The man's back was turned away from me, but he must of sensed my presence, because he turned around to face me. I immediately recognised the strange man, it was none other than...

Tony Stark

"Nice house you got here". Tony says, looking around at the place. I stare at him shocked, my mouth agape and eyes wide. Tony notices my expression and chuckles. "No need to be shocked". He says, smirking at me. I regain myself, and reply back "Well it's not every day you get Tony Stark aka Iron Man in your house". Tony chuckles, before walking towards me. "Can't argue there Y/N". He says, looking at me directly in the eyes. "Why are you here? I mean aren't you supposed to on a mission?" Tony finally breaks eye contact with me, he looks worried and then begins pacing around back and forth.

He looks a bit nervous, but he finally replies "Well as I am sure Peter has told you, me and him, along with some others of course, are on a mission. But we need someone stronger, younger and more agile. Peter is great of course, but he has told me all about your superhuman strength. Hell, even I've seen it myself". Tony pauses and stops to stand in front of me, looking me in the eye. "My point is, I need to recruit you into the team". Tony finally says, which allows my mouth to drop again. "Y-y-you need m-me?!" I stutter, trying to comprehend everything that is happening. "Yes Y/N, you see, I know all about your secret". He says, in a serious tone. "M-m-my secret?" I stutter again, I feel my palms start to sweats, I am panicking now. "You are Steve Rogers daughter". Tony says impatiently, staring into my eyes. Tony almost has an annoyed look in his eye, when he mentions my father.

"I don't know Mr.-" I begin to say, but I am interrupted by Tony. "First of all, it's Tony. Second of all, I'm not taking no as an answer. We need you Y/N, something bad is coming and we need as many people together to help prepare for whatever is coming". I look at him, slightly confused... What could be coming that could require me to join Tony Stark and his team? "What about my adoptive mum?" I ask, worried about her reaction to this. "Y/N, she has most likely been expecting this from day one. You have powers, and you are the daughter of Steve Rogers... I think she'll understand why you have to do this". Tony says, he has a sincere look in his eyes. "O-Okay... I'll do it". I say, nervously. He smiles and replies back "Excellent, welcome to the team Y/N". Tony says, shaking my hand. I smile at him, he leads me out front. I see a handsome black car, obviously belonging to Tony.

Tony turns to me and hands me a piece of paper. "This is my number. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning. So I suggest you pack your belongings". He says, placing a pair of sunglasses over his eyes. "Thank you Tony". I say, grinning. "No problem kid". He replies, heading down the steps to the car. Before he hops in, he turns to look and me says "I know a few people who will be happy to see you Y/N". With that one comment, Tony hops into the car and shuts the door. The car drives off, leaving me in a daze. Trying to process everything that has just happened... Before realisation finally hits me...

I'm practically an Avenger...

I cannot apologise enough for not updating. I was planning to get this chapter released ages ago, but I was distracted. I hope I will be able to write more chapters and finish this story sooner than expected. Thanks for all the love and support, and most importantly thanks for all the absolutely hilarious comments. Knowing you guys enjoy this story as much as I love writing it, makes my passion for writing even stronger. (Yeah I know I'm cheesy XD)