Chapter 4

It was around an hour after we'd eaten breakfast. Isaac and I were ready to go to the beach; both of us had had showers, and were ready in clean clothes. The apartment was pretty damn clean since we'd had some time to tidy up and we were currently at the front door getting our shoes on.

I could hear the birds tweeting as we walked, and the sun was shining brightly in the sky. It was looking to be a pretty good day and the outside surroundings were agreeing.

We shortly arrived at the beach, and I walked beside Isaac before running in front to find a nice spot where we could sit. Luckily, there weren't that many people at the beach, so in no time at all I'd found the perfect spot. I sat down, sliding a rucksack off my shoulders that carried all our stuff. I took out two towels and lay them beside each other, grabbing the sun cream and placing that close by. I looked up to see Isaac who was sat on one of our towels, stripping down to his swimming trunks.

It was unintentional but I was checking him out. His great body, I mean it wasn't muscly or anything, but in fact a body of a swimmer or something similar. I bit my lip as my eyes moved further down, but before I could, I was snapped out of my daze to a blushing Isaac.

"Aren't you gonna start getting into your swimming suit as well?" He asked, and I nodded, before beginning to take off my clothes. I could see his eyes on me, on the bruises that covered my legs, or scars across my arms, but he didn't say a word about, which of course I was relieved about. I put my clothes down on the towel and took his hand, getting up. He looked in front of us to see if anyone was there and then began to run towards the water with me, and before long we had hit the cold water, and we were chuckling. I dived down into the water and began swimming deeper into the water. Well I suppose I wasn't the strongest of swimmers but I could swim and that was the main thing.

Isaac was right next to me because I could even look behind to see where he was. Wow, what a great swimmer he looked to be. I smiled at him and headed for the top of the water so I could catch my breath and he followed suit. When we got to the top I splashed him, quite hard in fact and he chuckled, splashing me back just as hard, and before even a few minutes had passed we were playing around and trying to dip each other's heads in the water, laughing, whilst we splashed each other. This was great fun, and honestly I didn't ever want it to end.

I grabbed his hand and walked back to the sand, walking over to our towels, where I lay down on my towel, looking over at him. He was doing the same, his head back against the sand, his eyes closed as he dried off in the sun, and since it was a pretty hot day we dried off pretty quickly. It wasn't long till I had fallen into a light sleep, lying on my side, facing him.

I woke up a few hours later, the sun wasn't as hot and there weren't that many people around either. Isaac was lying down next to me, his eyes closed so I assumed he was asleep. I yawned and sat up, rubbing my eyes as I looked around. I didn't know what to do anymore. Did I really want to stay with him another night or would that just drag me into something I didn't want? A relationship. I never really had time for one, and running away, I just kinda needed time to think on my own, so I decided that I needed to go, and whilst he was asleep. This was a perfect time.

I quietly gathered all my stuff together and shoved it all into my bag, before gently taking the key out of his shorts then I headed back to Isaac's apartment to get the rest of my stuff. I really did like his company but it wasn't going to work. I didn't belong here and for all I knew he could be in a relationship or straight. I walked to his apartment and opened the door, going up to the door of his apartment. I went inside and went to the bedroom, putting all my belongings back into my bag, before grabbing a notepad and pen that I could see. I wrote a quick note and looked around the room. I would actually miss this despite only staying one night. I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink and noticed something on the side of the fridge. It was a picture of Isaac with someone I didn't know and the other guy was kissing his cheek, and for some reason I felt jealousy. I just wanted to rip it up but I refrained from it and headed to the front door, opening it to see him stood there. It was Isaac.

"Where are you going?" He asked, looking at me. I looked down, chewing on my lip.

"I have to go.."

"Why?"

"Because I need time to think. I can't whilst I'm around you. I ran away so that I could clear my mind.. and being here I can't do that." I looked up at him, and he suddenly looked hurt. His eyes were slightly teary and he was biting his lip, hard.

"Oh." It was all he managed to say. I nodded and tried to squeeze past him, pulling my bags along with me, but he wouldn't budge, he was just stood there completely still, watching me try to get past.

"I'm sorry." I muttered but I knew he heard me. He always heard me, and then he moved a step away from me. Leaving a big enough gap for me to slide through, and I did that. I squeezed through the gap and ran down the stairs, dragging my bags with me as I did so, and running away to find somewhere to go. I knew I shouldn't have done this, but he didn't even know me. He knew my story but he didn't know me as a person. I honestly didn't want to make this into a big deal, but instead he followed me and I had to confront him and that hurt the most.

*Isaac's Point of View*

He left me. I know I had only known him for a day but it really did hurt. When we were on the beach I wasn't asleep when he woke up, only resting my eyes in fact and he just got up and left, so I followed him. He went back to my apartment and I stayed behind the door before he opened it, bags on his shoulder, looking like he was about to leave. He was going to leave. Right before I'd even got to get to know him, before anything had got to happen. I acted like a baby when he told me why he was leaving; biting my lip so that tears wouldn't start flowing down my cheek uncontrollably. I tried my best, and he just threw it back in my face.

I ran back into my apartment and jumped onto the couch, noticing a piece of paper on the dining room table. That wasn't there this morning. I got up and went over to it, seeing it was a note from Jace. It said "To Isaac, I'm sorry that I have to go, you really were the best, and I thank you so much for your hospitality, it really means a lot. My number is on the bottom of this note so if you ever want to keep in contact then text me. I have to be going now. Hopefully one day I will see you again." And there at the bottom of the note was his mobile number, and I smiled to myself, knowing that one day, hopefully soon, I'd get to see his wonderful face again.