Chapter Six

"So what did Y'all do while we were gone?" Mariela asked curiously.

"Just sat in a meeting room and talked," Scott shrugged, looking over at the other man.

"You guys totally fucked," Ally spoke up, the blond looking at her. "You're only this chill and carefree when you get some. Plus, Mitch has 'SEX' written all over his face right now. There's no denying it at this point, Honey. You have been exposed."

"Then I won't lie about it," Scott teased, everyone laughing as Donny walked. "Oh look, it's the guy that nobody likes. Hey Mitch wanna pull a JD and Veronica and Heathers his ass?"

"Maybe we should," Mitch shrugged. "I mean we did just pull a Dead Girl Walking moment, so I think we could Heathers it up. I know his father wouldn't love his Dead Gay Son, now would he?"

"I believe not," Scott shook his head. "I think it would be Big Fun to get the revenge from when you were Seventeen; the revenge that was Meant to Be Yours."

"I want be so Blue," Mitch added. "Everything would be Beautiful. I won't feel like I am stranded on a Life Boat. I would feel like a kid in a Candy Store. If I got arrested, would you Fight For Me?"

"Of course," Scott nodded, "because Hey Girl, Our Love is God. Once you're out of prison, you can Freeze Your Brain with a celebratory 7/11 slushie."

"I don't even know what the hell you're talking about," Donny growled, attempting to be intimidating.

"Basically they're wishing they could team up and kill you like in the movie Heathers," Ally explained, talking as if he was stupid.

"I am too big for either of them to kill me," Donny laughed.

"Neither were the two football players in Heathers," Ally shrugged, "but Christian Slater and Winona Ryder sure as hell found a way and managed to get off Scott free by writing a fake suicide note."

"Besides," Scott smirked, "we don't really plan to do anything. We just wouldn't mind you being out of our lives honestly. No one wants you around."

"Go on and join the club my alcoholic parents started the minute they found out they made me," Donny shut down, showing a vulnerability no one expected. "I get it. Everyone hates me because I became a bully. Scott hates me because I am jealous of the praise he gets for something he obviously doesn't want to do; compared to me actually having to try so hard to work through the pain my mother caused me. Mitch hates me because I attacked him, thinking he was my brother. My brother was the loved child but he did things to me that a brother shouldn't. He forced the bottle of vodka down my throat. I seriously thought Mitch was him, I promise. I wanted my brother to feel the pain he put me through. I heard Mitch screaming and I had a moment of sober clarity, and I realized who it was. I couldn't live with it. I really couldn't. I know I bullied him after that night, but it was because I was fighting with the memory of his pure terror. Look, this is me apologizing for everything I have done, but I get it. You want nothing to do with me. You want me out of your life. You want me dead."

"What are you t..." is all Mitch could get out before Donny pulled out a gun. "What... Wh... Why do you have that...?"

"I don't know..." Donny sighed. "I guess I knew I was going to die tonight. You're right. My dad won't love his dead gay son. I thought... I thought that he would love me if I was less feminine... I... It didn't work. Nothing worked. The one person that ever showed me real love hates me now. No one could ever love me."

"That isn't true, Donny," Mitch cried out. "I knew and understood you. I know you can be loved. I don't hate you. I hate what you became. I know the sweet, kind, selfless guy you are. You're capable of love and being loved. I know that guy is still in there. Please put down the gun. Please."

"I was never wanted!" Donny snapped, pointing the gun at his head. "I am not needed. I am not important. I am not Kyle..."

"But you're still my Bunny Boy..." Mitch argued, holding out his hand in hopes to get the gun from him.

"No I am not," Donny laughed hysterically. "You only called me Bunny Boy because you loved me. You loved me unconditionally. I was no longer Bunny Boy when you stopped loving me. You stopped loving me when I hurt you. Don't fucking lie and say that isn't true because I know it is. You saw the monster that my parents knew I was. It's too late, Mitch... It's too fucking late."

"Donny no!" Mitch begged but the gun went off and the man fell too the ground. "Noooo!"

"Mitch don't!" Scott held the distraught man back as he tried to run to the man's body. "There's nothing else we can do."

"Let me go!" Mitch screamed, trying his hardest to break free but finally giving up, collapsing into Scott's arms. "I could've saved him... No one but me believed in him, and now he's gone. I could've saved him if I would've just talked to him. He was only 19..."

"How is that possible?" Scott asked. "How is a college sophomore that young?"

"He is practically a genius," Mitch sniffled. "He was better one between him and his brother, but that didn't matter since he was born second. He was so smart and talented. If you think my pictures are impressive, his would be ten times better. He wanted to be a doctor, but when that wasn't a good enough dream for his parents, he joined football when he was in freshman year of high school. That was still never good enough. He was to me though. I saw his good side and his bad side. He just needed someone to understand him and support him. I should've never stopped believing in him, because he would still be alive."

"You can't blame yourself for something he chose to do," Scott shook his head. "He chose to pull the trigger."

"After we talked about pulling it ourselves," Mitch argued. "Even if it was an insider, it still had a speck of truth. We wished him dead, and now the guy you knew, along with the guy that I knew was in there, IS dead! He could've been what we needed to find a cure for an incurable disease, or a vaccination that could save my life one day. He could've had a life, found love, and had a family. I don't think you understand the severity of this, so I'm just going to go until you realize you are not really listening to me."

"Mitch..." Scott sighed out, but Mitch slipped away and ran out. "I am sorry, but I have to go after him. Mari, I know you're his twin, but I did this. I will call Ally when I find him, okay?"

"Keep my brother safe," Mariela called out, Scott giving a nervous smile before running out.