20. Reality Check (@durbxnskies)

Double update! And more to come for this weekend! 🤯

I have a question for y'all.

How many of you guys were shook by the confession from Laureline?

I came up with the idea after @durbxnskies created Laureline's character, so that's how I linked Laureline to Laura Palmer!

(Carry on...)

Kyle's POV

She's not dead.

She's not dead because Laureline was never real. Dan probably created her in his mind. "So Dan is the killer?" Woody whispered as I'm painted in red by Laureline's blood.

I should've picked up her body and took her to this part of the meadow. It would've been a nicer place for her to rest in peace with all the purple lavenders surrounding her.

Instead of resting here, she laid in eternal slumber on the cold muddy forest floor. "Look, something was up with Dan. He seemed fucking demonic and acted like a bull that only sees red." Of course there was something up with Dan, he wanted to kill us. He made me kill her. He pushed me onto Laureline.

I looked at my hands to see that her blood had dried and clumped onto them. I hysterically broke down, crying as I tried to get the blood off my hands. I can't. "Ky...mate..." Woody whispered as he quickly hugged me tightly. I tried to let go of him but I couldn't.

"Look maybe time jumping makes Dan go psycho?" Why weren't they saying he was a delusional fucking arsehole? He had killed people before. "He's killed my Laureline." I whispered.

Both Woody and Will looked at me confusedly. "You did." My eyes widened. "What?" I snapped as I sat on the ground, hugging into my legs. "You must've thought Laureline was Dan." My eyes widened again. "Didn't you see he jumped out of nowhere when I was looking at the fucking knife?" Both Woody and Will looked spaced out.

"You didn't see what happened, did you?" Admittedly, Woody and Will nodded their heads as I held mine in pain. When I closed my eyes I saw Laureline. I heard her desires to live by snow.

It's like she's haunting me.

"She's gone Kyle. Either way. She's dead. We need to find a way out of this place once and for all." I shook my head as I cried. I felt obliged to stay with her. I took her life away and that wasn't fair.

"Um guys..." Will shakily said, pointing at something. I didn't look. I didn't care even if it was a bear that wasn't actually a bear.

I deserved to die.

Fuck. Laureline understood me. It wasn't fair. "Guys-" He sternly said again.

"What?!" Woody shouted in anger.

"The portal is fading." That's when I immediately stood up while the others rushed inside. "Kyle!" Woody stood through the door.

"You need to come now." I dried my eyes with the back of my sleeve. "No." I cried, holding my mouth.

"She's dead Kyle." I closed my eyes. "No..." I whispered. "Please hurry up." Will looked at me pleadingly.

I had to look away. I didn't want to go back. "I need to tell her father. I need to pay for my crime-AGH!" Woody pushed me from behind the door before quickly running back in it himself. He must've sneaked out.

"No!" I screamed as the door automatically locked itself. "NO!" I banged on the door. "No!" I screamed before sinking down on the floor.

"He went this way. The door is slightly open." Will whispered as Woody shook his head hesitantly. "Fuck Dan. This is destroying him. We need to go home." Woody whispered, looking at the non-existent main portal in the middle of the room

I don't get this. I don't get what the fuck is happening?