7. Our Side

Kyle's POV

     I dusted off myself as I got up from the bottomless floor, gasping in pure awe of the darkness and particles of stars and dark matter surrounding me. I felt isolated when I realized thousands of doors made a circle...around me.

I swear I just saw Dan sneak in one of the doors...

"Ouch..." I groaned as my head felt heavy. I got here first?

"Get the fuck off of me!" Woody screamed at Will, who inched back in fear.

"Anyone know where we are?" I turned my head and looked over my shoulder, only to see an angry Woody storming over to me. Pure rage glistened in his hazel eyes, making them seem less affectionate for those around him.

"No, Sherlock," he shoved me harshly into a door. I felt a jab in the squishy part of my back as I jolted backward from the rising pain.

"Stop pushing!" I screeched in his face. "Hurting me isn't going to bring Dan back!"

"Shut your pathetic face already!"

"Hey." Will's timid, but sharp voice pierced both Woody and I, freezing us in place before an arm brawl could escalate. "Stop your childish argument and help me think."

"Why should I?" Woody hissed. "This," he turned one whole rotation around as he pointed to the doors, "is all your fucking fault. Maybe, if you didn't hold me back, I would've stopped Dan! You two are so pathetic," he grumbled, roughly shoving me away from him, just like he did to that poor lad in the "Send Them Off!" video. "I'm out of here."

"You can't leave," Will bluntly said. "Whatever that thing is, it's gone now," he pointed at the empty spot where the magical swirls once sat. "You're stuck here, face it Woody."

"But it doesn't make sense!" he yelled with powerful frustration. "Why is this happening?!"

"Because he does it for fun."

"What?" Woody calmed, heaviky gkaring at me, then at our eldest band mate. "For fun? What the hell are you talking about?"

"H-he said something to me, a-along the lines of being better than D. B. Cooper. Something about being a time traveling killer. I don't get it, but I do know that he's a crazy person."

"Then did he tell you about this?" I pointed in circles, at as many doors I could see and direct at. "What's up with these doors?"

"Who knows?" Woody began to lose himself in crazed laughter. "Who knows if anything is real? Maybe we're dead, or in a parallel universe! Maybe gods or powerful entities!" And suddenly, Will and I are the only sane ones.

My fellow sane band mate went to Woody's side to aid in his fit of confusions and hallucinations. Me? Well, I fidgeted with a loose thread hanging casually from my bomber jacket, staring at the peculiar tones of brown and grey that covered each door, some even coated thickly with red, some with seemingly spindly edges, literally trapping the three of us within doors.

I felt an invisible floor echoing my footsteps as I walk along side the possibilities of choices that Dan could've have decided on. My slim index traced the swirled-etched wood, a soft hum emitting from me as I stopped at one door in particular. The steel knob glowed red- bright red, like luminous blood, from a hand. That's when I knew. He had gone through this door, and it was helping us by giving away his most recent location, just from a splotch of DNA. DNA of Dan.

"Blood?"

"Dan," I quickly corrected Chris. "He's gone through this one."

"And how the fuck would you know?"

That was when we heard a sound. Techy sounds, like a highly advanced computer that was powerful enough to create light speed. We had the urge to gaze down, and we did just that. I sharply gasped in awe as a trail of Dan-sized sneaker prints strolled- right to the dark oak door. Whatever this place was- it had a reason to hate Dan- it was helping us.

"You first," Bastille's drummer forcefully jabbed me towards the silvery knob. A strong damp odor filled my nose as I nervously walked in, the next second...fallen on grass- in a suit, both Will and Woody at my side.