Chapter Nineteen

Ben grins at me as he steps out of the bathroom, drying off his hair. My cheeks turn red as he stares at me, leaning over the bed to kiss me.

"You look absolutely stunning. I like your hair naturally. Why do you always make it straight just to make it curly again?" Ben asks, sitting on the bed and crossing his legs as I start my makeup.

 Why do you always make it straight just to make it curly again?" Ben asks, sitting on the bed and crossing his legs as I start my makeup

"I don't know." I shrug. "I just always thought that it looked better. But I guess I'm just on this journey to love my natural self." I explain as I reach for my concealer.

I hadn't even realized Ben was at my side until he reaches over and places his hand atop mine, guiding it back down. He rests his chin on my shoulder as he speaks. "If you're on this journey to love yourself, don't put on makeup, baby."

"No, makeup makes me-"

"I like your freckles, Rose."

"I don't like going out without makeup

"I don't like going out without makeup. I don't like myself without makeup."

"Please, Rose. You look absolutely beautiful with and without makeup. Please, for me?" Ben begs, dramatically sticking out his bottom lip and giving me puppy eyes.

I giggle, shaking my head. "Fine, but only if you promise to never make that face again."

"No promises." He grins, kissing my cheek before standing again.

I pull my mess of naturally curly hair into a messy bun and fix it a bit before grabbing my small backpack and heading out with Ben.

We successfully dodge the cast- somehow- since they're probably all at breakfast already.

@bentylercook; breakfast with the best

After we have breakfast, Ben starts to show me around. He shows me where he started school and all the places he used to go to as a kid.

"This is the main place I wanted to bring you." Ben says as we approach an old looking store.

" Ben says as we approach an old looking store

"Oh! A book store!" I exclaim, grinning. "I'm so excited!"

Ben leads me into the book store, the bell on the door ringing loudly. The aisles look like they go on forever, and I find myself in Heaven.

I start singing A Trip To The Library from She Loves Me, as Ben laughs. I search through a shelf of beat up books, pulling out a copy of King Arthur, still singing.

And when I turn my head, I see that Ben had been recording me singing. I roll my eyes, which just makes him laugh.

I keep King Arthur and keep walking, swiping a copy of The Scarlet Letter and Great Gatsby.

I gasp as I walk through the whole aisle, finding what lies at the end. The entire back of the store is a lounge area, complete with a beautiful bow window to let in light with bean bag chairs, blankets, and pillows everywhere.

"This is amazing, Ben!" I grin, throwing my arms around his neck tightly. "Thank you for bringing me here!"

Thankfully, nobody else is in the book store at the moment. So Ben and I sit in a bean bag chair under the window, me between his legs.

My head rests on his shoulder blade and he looks over my shoulder and I flip through the pages of the three books I've picked up so far.

"Hey Rose." Ben murmurs quietly.

"Yeah?" I respond, setting the books down and looking over my shoulder at him.

"Well, I, um, I've got something to give you." Ben says, giving me a nervous smile.

"No, Ben, you don't have to give me anything." I shake my head, turning to him, sitting on my knees between his legs.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a little box. "Well, I bought this for you." He holds it out for me. "I wanted to give it to you so you'll kinda always have me close to you when I'm on tour, so you know you're not alone."

Ben bought me a beautiful necklace of the letter B, for Ben, obviously.

"It's absolutely beautiful, Ben!" I smile, touching it gently. "I love it, thank you. I'm never gonna take it off."

Ben quickly puts it on me, kissing me. "I'm glad you like it. I know it's a bit cheesy but-"

"No, it's not cheesy at all. I love it." I repeat, grabbing his cheeks and kissing him once more. "And I love you too, more than anything."