Chapter 1

"Harry. Just listen to me", Ron said, grabbing him by his shoulders.

"Go on. Tell me it's my fault", Harry said.

"I don't know whose fault it was. And it doesn't matter either", Ron said.

"I thought you would be angry with me", Harry said timidly.

"You both weren't good together. I could get it", he said.

"I'm sorry, Ron. I tried everything I could", Harry said.

"Mate, it's okay. Go and get dressed. We have to leave for work", he said.

"Yeah fine and thanks for understanding, Ron", he said.

"No problem", Ron said.

Harry showered and dressed as quickly as he could and come out of the room.

"Let's leave then", he said and grabbed some Floo powder and threw it in the fireplace.

"Auror's office", he said and stepped into the fireplace.

He emerged from the fireplace and brushed his suit. He noticed Neville was already going through a couple of files at his table.

"Good morning Neville", Harry said.

"Good morning Harry and Ron", he said. Harry turned to see Ron emerging from the fireplace dusting his own robes.

"Guys, I've to tell you something important. Don't freak out", Neville said.

"Go on", Ron said leaning against his table.

"Malfoy is going to join our team", he said.

"What? Malfoy? Draco Malfoy? ", Harry said.

"Bloody hell", Ron said.

"He isn't how he was earlier. He has changed so much. He isn't the bully he was", Neville said.

"I don't believe it", Harry said.

"Neither do I", Ron said.

"Whatever. Guys be nice to him. And Harry, I'm sorry for what happened between you and Ginny", he said.

"Thanks Neville", Harry said and turned to see Draco Malfoy entering the room.

He looked same as Harry remembered him. Blonde hair, Malfoy grey eyes, pale skin. Except that he wasn't seventeen anymore. He was a few inches taller than Harry and he looked better than Harry had seen him.

"Um hello everyone", Malfoy said nervously.

"Hi Draco", Neville said.

"Hello Malfoy", Ron said.

"Malfoy", Harry said.

"Hello Potter", Draco said un warily.

"Welcome to our team", Neville said cheerfully.

Ron and Harry kept staring at the floor not knowing what to say.

"Ron will give you a tour of our office", Neville said.

"Me? What?", Ron said looking shocked.

Harry tried his best not to laugh.

"Fine. Come on Malfoy. I'll show you around", Ron said and both of them left the room.

"That was evil, Neville", Harry said.

"Oh come on, Harry. Malfoy has changed. Now let's get to work", Neville said and both of them sat down at their tables.

Ron and Malfoy appeared a few minutes later laughing.

"Ron laughing with Malfoy?", Harry thought.

"What are you three working on?", Malfoy asked.

"We keep a tab on former Death Eaters, werewolves and the like. Sometimes, when fights break out, we try to resolve them. There isn't much work these days. We try to capture wrongdoers. But mostly we do paperwork", Neville said.

During the first years, they had arrested Goyle, Crabbe, Avery and Macnair. The next year were the Lestranges and a few spies of Voldemort inside the ministry. The past year had been boring. All they did was guard the Quidditch world cup and paperwork.

"Okay so being an Auror isn't arresting a Death Eaters every day and like watching a Muggle action movie? ", Malfoy asked.

"No", Harry said.

"Except when it's red alert", Ron said.

"Red alert meaning red sparks in the sky?", Malfoy asked.

"Yeah", Neville said.

"Well, everyone get ready then. It's red alert time", Malfoy said and all three of them turned to see red sparks in the sky.