Comfort In

Warning, major feels coming up!!! Read at your own risk.

I decided to stay over at Lily's not wanting to be alone tonight. I knew Serena would be released soon and everyone would come to back to the family home.

"Miss. Ella, you have visitor." Vanya says to me as he holds the door open for me.

"Why would I have a visitor this late at night?" I ask Vanya, who looks worried.

"I told him, Miss. Bass is not available and that she was at a hospital for Miss. Serena, but he insisted that he wait for you. I kept my eye on him the whole time." I love how protective Vanya is over everyone especially my family.

"Who did you say..." I turn the corner to meet my visitor. "Val, what are you doing here." He looks up and smiles.

"I know you said you didn't need me to be here for you, but I couldn't stop thinking about how I would want someone to be there for me if I was in your situation. If you don't want me here, I'll leave, but you just needed to know someone cares for you."

"How long have you been here waiting?"

"Just a few hours, but I didn't know where you are until your doorman said your step-sister was in an accident."

"You flew across the country just to see if I was okay?" I ask in disbelief. Val takes my hand in his.

"I know today is your father's anniversary and finding out that your step-sister was in an accident on his one year anniversary can't be easy for you."

"I'm not going to lie and say it didn't hurt when I got the call from Lily. It was like déjà vu a year later to the dot." Val brings me into a hug.

"Do you want me to stay? I can go and stay with friends if you want me to leave." I shake my head.

"Actually, I'm glad you flew all this way. I missed you."

"I missed you too, I bought some things to cheer you up if you would allow me to try." Val hands me a bag and inside was some of my favorite movies and snacks. If Pretty Woman couldn't cheer me up then nothing will.

"I would love that." Val and I stayed up all night laughing about the crazy things we've seen while on business and overall, he helped fill the hole in my heart. Things ended with Val and I the first time because of our age difference and now there's nothing stopping us. Sure, the age gap of five years is still there, but now we're both adults and things like age don't matter as much. Much to my displeasure, Val slept on the couch even though I told him it would be fine to share my bed, he refused, saying he doesn't want my family to get the wrong idea. I love how much of gentleman he is, but it's making me want that moment where we made out with each all those years ago in his dance studio. I want the passion and fire that I've only felt with him. Only time will tell if we're meant to be.

__________________________________
Long story short, after spending the night Val ended up spending a whole drama free day with my crazy family. Lily was shocked to come home and find Val sleeping on the couch but was over the moon when I explained to her why. She couldn't stop gushing about how romantic it was for Val to do such a thing for me and insisted he spends the day with us. Rufus made his waffles, Jenny and Eric were getting along and we took a family trip to the hospital to bring Serena home.

It was nice to know what it felt like to have a normal family. Val was loved by everyone he even gave Lily and Rufus a private dancing lesson that now has Lily convinced that she and Rufus should take up couple ballroom dancing lessons. All and all it was a perfect few days and now it's ending. Val must fly back to L.A. to shoot his show and all I feel is loneliness thinking about it.