Book Two Chapter One: The Awakening

Day 152

"How has she been Doc?" Hopper asked sitting next to the hospital bed. Ten lied there peacefully sleeping, or so it seemed. She was actually falling in and out of consciousness. That night at the middle school drained her so much that she had fallen into a coma.

"Well, she's still the same. Her brain waves are steady and nothing has changed." Dr. Owens said checking her vitals. The truth was that Ten was in her meditation that allowed her to watch Eleven and the others make sure they are safe. She wasn't strong enough to wake up quite yet but still strong enough to use her powers.

"When will she wake up?" Joyce asked as she sat next to Will who was being monitored. He had one of his episodes again. Will had started to see Dr. Owens appease his mother's request. He said that the only way for him to be looked at is if he was in the same room at Ten. He felt safer that way, even though she was fast asleep.

"Not sure only time can tell."

Day 260

"Hey, Ten," Jonathan whispered to her. "I can't believe its been 160 days. You look so peaceful asleep like this." Tears started to fall down his face. Jonathan has been very depressed and grown close to Nancy since this past few months since Ten's been in this state. Jonathan can't help but feel that the closer he gets to Nancy the farther away Ten feels. He used to visit her every day but slowly it's been getting less and less. What Jonathan doesn't know is that Ten has seen everything and can hear him. She knows she's losing him but it hurts her to not be able to do anything.  

Day 345

Ten stood in the darkness of her mind and thought of Eleven. Ten was almost strong enough now to wake up, but before she did anything she wanted to check up on Eleven.

There she stood watching a crying Eleven sitting on a bed with her head on her knees. Walking over to her Elevens sobs seemed to get loader. Sitting on the bed she lessons to her sister rant off.

Eleven could sense her sister in the back of her mind, so she started to vent. She talked about how Hopper has in in isolation in the middle of the woods. How she can't talk to her friends. Most importantly though, she talked about how she misses Will. After a few minutes, Elevens tears slowly came to an end.

"Thank you for lessoning Ten. Come home soon." Eleven whispered as her image started to vanish in front of Tens eyes.

'Soon, Eleven.' She thought. 'Real soon.'

Day 353

"We need to make Will sleep." Mikes voice rang along with the alarms.

"What?" Joyce asked confused.

"He's a spy." Mike voiced.

Ten lays their silently throughout their commotion slowly moving her fingers and toes. This wasn't good. The familiar alarm wasn't a good sound to be heard. It meant there was a breach. The sound of Wills screams and alarms distracted them all from noticing Ten sitting up.

Hopper busted in not a few seconds later shocking everyone. Making eye contact with Joyce and the needle in her hand he was about to ask her what happened before hearing a bang. "We gotta go! We gotta go!"

Quickly picking up Will everyone started running out of the room and down the hall. Their people where getting attacked by creatures and getting killed.

"Oh, Shit!" Mike screamed. One of the monsters that resembled the Demogorgon started to run towards them. Before anyone could do anything the creature feel limped to the ground dead. Turning the heads their eye's all fell on Ten. Before anyone could say anything Ten unlocked one of the doors with her mind and everyone funneled through. Once everyone was in Dr.Owens slammed the door closed and locked it.