Book One Chapter Eleven: 011

Ten's POV

I held Eleven closer to me. I'm afraid if I let her go she'll disappear. My baby sister was okay and safe. The pain I was recently feeling vanished as her warmth surrounded me. My family was here and I was finally home. I reluctantly pulled away and looked into her eyes.

"How did you get out?" I asked as tears ran down my face.

"I heard you. I followed your voice back like you said." her voice cracked. I giggled and nodded through my sobs. I knew she would remember. I pulled her back into a hug closing my eyes to embrace the moment. The sound of breaking wood snapped me out of my thought.

"Ten, what was that?" Ele asked frightened. Standing up quickly I pushed her behind me and got ready to fight.

"TENA!!" I heard someone yell out. It was Hopper. With a sigh, I called out back to him. A few minutes later Hopper and the boys walked out with their flashlights.

"ELE!" Mike cried out and swooped in giving Ele a hug.

"Mike?" Eleven whispered hugging him back. It didn't take long for the other boys to give her a group hug.

I stood off to the side with a smile on my face as I watched them reunite. The party was whole once again. I watched them with a small smile on my face, as a hand is placed on my shoulder. Looking up I meant the eyes of Hop.

"You okay kid?" His eyes held a softness to them. My eye's started to burn again with fresh tears as I nod.

"I will be," I whisper and look back at them. They pulled away and started to walk back over to me and Hop.

"Now that Ele's back will be able to fight this thing right?" Lucas ask.

"For the last time, it's called a Thessalahydra!" Dustin yelled.

"It's called a Thessalahydra!" Lucas mocked.

"Enough!" Hopper called out stopping the boys bickering. From the corner of my eye I watched Ele shiver taking off my jacket I handed it to her and gave her a look. The wind started to turn up again as it roared through the trees.

"Come on kids. Let's head back to the Byers and re-group. It's time we end this." Hop said rounding us all up into his truck. The truck roared to life as we tore down the road to Jonathan's.

15 minutes later

"Ele!" Mrs. Byers pulled Ele into a hug.

We were all in the living room waiting for Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan to get back. Apparently, when I took off Jon had run after me. Steve and Nancy stayed back and found a phone to call Mrs. Byers. Who called Hopper to find me. I guess I gave everyone a scare.

"Ten?" I looked up from the coffee I was staring at and meant Will's eyes.

"D-did something happened between you and Jonathan?" I just sighed and looked back down at my cup with a small nod.

I haven't said a word since we've been back. I was in deep thought as to what just happened. My date. Jonathan opening up to me. Nancy and Jonathan kissing. the images just wouldn't leave. Every time I blinked all I could see is the kiss. I felt the new tears fall down my face as I kept my head down. The sound of two cars on the dirt road traveled through the house.

"Their here." I heard Mike say. I felt a small soft hand on my shoulder and instantly knew it was Ele. I didn't dear pick my head up. Not to the sound of his voice calling my name or the sound of him slamming the front door open.

"Ten." He whispered out. I slowly raised my head and locked eyes with him. His eyes looked like a lost soul with a shattered heart. I quickly looked away from him as I felt the sob in the back of my throat.

"Okay! Let's get some sleep. Now that we know everyone is here and okay." Hopper said.

Everyone stood still in their spot watching me as I slowly stood up. On my way out the room, I grabbed Jonathan's hand. He hesitated at first but ended up following me anyway. Once in his room I closed and locked the door behind me. Turning around my eyes landed on Jonathan who sat on the bed with his head in his hands. I heard silent sobs come out from him. Walking forward I picked his head cupping his face.

His eyes were watered and broken. Leaning in I rested my forehead on his closing my eyes. Very softly I heard him keep saying he was sorry over and over.

"I want you to lesson to everything I'm about to say," I whisper very quietly whipping away his tears.

"If I die tomorrow-"

"No. No! You won't die! You can't" Jonathan interrupted me grabbing my face. Shaking his head.

"If I die tomorrow. I need you to look out for Ele. She's the only family I have and I need to make sure she's okay! Okay?" I chook out as he just shakes his head no over and over.

"Promise me you'll protect her. Promise me!" I whisper brokenly. He just looked at me with tears in his eyes and nodded his head.

"Thiers one more thing I need you to do," I whisper placing my hands on his chest as his hands go to my waist. I feel his heated gaze on me as I slowly start to unbutton his shirt. Picked through my lashes at him. We stared at each other for a few minutes until he softly combines our lips together. The kiss was slow, tender and passionate. After a few minutes, Jon breaks away.

"Before we do this I want you to know something." I looked into his warm tender eyes filled with promise.

"No matter what happens tomorrow. I will wait for you. You're too damn strong to die. If you were able to survive the upside down while protecting not only my brother but your sister as well, this thing doesn't know what it's facing. You will bet this. You will come back. And afterwords I will give you the world. Do you understand? I will wait for you till the end of time. No matter what happens." His eyes held nothing but passion and truth in them as he spoke. Not soon after his lips found mine in a heat of passion.