Chapter 69

We disagreed, fought and made love, but Joon Young remained unmoved in his decision about the matter. I won't say it to him when I'm angry, but I respect him. He's so level-headed and actually thinks about the consequences, while I have the habit of reacting first and thinking later.

"I don't want you going, Monique." Joon Young sighed and kissed the top of my head as I rested on his bare chest. He used my first name so I know he was serious. I knew there was no point in arguing again. We've already been at for a week, and Joon Young is not one to back down.

"..." I was going to speak, but I chose the wiser route and kept silent. Mocha was sleeping, and I didn't want to wake her with my yelling. I let a tear slip as I gripped the sheets in frustration. Self-control, Monique... self-control... You can do it. Just breathe...

"Mian." He whispered. "With filming for SMTM6 starting soon, I will not- I cannot risk something happening to you when I'm not there. Please understand, yeobo. I'm doing this to protect our family."

"Ar-a... (I know...)" This was hurting my pride, but I had faith in my husband's judgment. It sucks that I can't go, but I'll get over it. We've already wasted a week fighting, and I made it to be bigger than it really was. "Nado mianhae! (I'm sorry too!)"

**

With Mocha spending the day with her Uncles Joon-ho, Dongho and Anatoly, I met up with Tasha, Veronica and Macy. We laughed at how all of our husbands came to the same conclusion. "Joon Young and I fought for a week straight, but I can't say I blame him honestly."

"Same." The others nodded in agreement. So with the whole vacation idea behind us we finished up our baby shower planning. All we needed to do now was look around for venues. Warehouses were out of the question. None of us had pleasant experiences with those.

We planned to have the baby shower in 3 months, when both Tasha and I were 8 months  pregnant. That way JK and Joon Young would be finishing up with SMTM6. My husband just had to be with me for the birth of our son. I needed him to be there...

Within the next few weeks Joon Young and JK would be going to the States to look for contestants for the show. I was gonna miss them so much. Ever since Joon Young returned from his much needed hiatus, we have not been separated for more than 2 days.

This was hard for me because he'd be gone for 2 weeks. I had to keep me and Mocha busy for my sanity. Walking around the stores we started pre-ordering things for the baby shower. We decided to go dress shopping a week before hand. I'd say it was all coming together perfectly.

I was in the middle of laughing at a joke Veronica made when the hairs on the back of my neck stood at attention. Apparently I wasn't the only one to feel the shift in the atmosphere, because the others fell silent soon after. As if being commanded we all turned towards the entrance of the store to see the guy from a week ago.

A smirk adorned his features, but it only served to cause a shiver to run up my spine. "We should go." Macy stated, interrupting the showdown we all had with the stranger. As we exited through the back door, an unmarked black car was parked. The engine reved up, but it was impossible to see anyone through the tinted windows.

Quickly hurrying down an alley we were met by another unmarked car. I stuck my hand in my purse and gripped my gun. The backseat door opened from the first car, and I spun around to see Narae. More doors opened as armed men filed out and stood guard, ultimately blocking the only escape routes.

"It looks as if I've caught you in my trap after all." Narae approached me. "I mean, you made it kind of easy, and I bet Joonie would pay a hefty price for his pregnant wife. He basically handed you over to me on a silver platter. What do you think?"