moodz

Karen is sobbing in the arms of a man in an army uniform and the crowd around them is clapping and cheering.

"Oh my god. Is that him?" Liam asks but doesn't look at me.

Before I can say anything he walks up to his mom and the man. Once the man sees him, he pulls Liam into a tight hug while still hugging Karen.

I walk up next to my mom "who is that?" I ask her

"That's Karen's husband" she says while continuing to watch Karen's husband embrace his family.

I watch as they continue to hug for a long time, I wonder how long he was gone.

After they break away from the hug, Karen's husband begins to hug other relatives from the crowd.

I look back to where Liam was standing while he was hugging his dad but he isn't there anymore.

Why do I always seem to lose sight of him?

I look around to see if he pops up anywhere but he doesn't, and for being to busy looking around for him I lose sight of my parents as well. Great.

I continue to look around, this time for my parents. It takes me a couple seconds to spot my mom taking with Karen and two other women.

I debate on whether I should go up to her or just wait at our table. If I go up there I'll probably have to introduce myself to those other women and stand through awkward conversations.

So instead I go back to our empty table and take a seat. I take out my phone so that I won't seem so lonely but it doesn't help much because Niall hasn't read nor replied to my text yet.

He might of went to sleep already. I look at the time on my phone, 8:57 pm, it's still early and he doesn't go to sleep till about 1 in the morning so he most likely isn't asleep.

From the corner of my eye I see as a figure sits down next to me. I lock my phone and look up, it's Liam.

I smile "hey"

"hey, sorry I just left you" he says

"no, you're fine, don't worry about it, I would of done the same" I tell him

He smiles.

"How long has he been gone for?" I ask

"About two years"

"oh wow" I was expecting a long time but not too long.

"yeah" he smiles "it's quite a long time, last year on my mom's birthday he couldn't make it, he couldn't even call us till the day after her birthday but he told us that he'll never again miss any one of our birthdays. And I didn't think he'd do it but he kept his promise."

I can't help but smile at his story, sounds like something out of a movie.

He moves his eyes to something behind me and I turn to look too, his dad is walking towards our table.

"Dad! Come!" Liam shouts to him

Once his dad reaches out table he looks at me and smiles.

"This is April" Liam introduces me

I stretch out my hand to him and he takes it giving me a hand shake "nice to meet you" I say and smile.