//one//

Everyday is the same.

It's like putting a playlist on repeat but forgetting to hit the shuffle button so every thing just plays out exactly the same every time it completes the loop and the button to stop it is always just out of reach.

Well, that was until something stopped it for me.

-

"Ayame?" I feel a cold hand on my shoulder, softly shaking my arm.

I grunt in response and roll over onto my back, pulling a pillow from my side and over my head to cover it from whoever is trying to disturb me.

"W-what do you want?" I yawn into my sentence and open my eyes slightly to see only the darkness of my pillow staring back at me.

"You have to go to school today Aya, your exams are in less than a week and I can't allow you to miss another day over a simple fever." My mother's voice eventually recognises in my head.

"Good morning to you too mom." I say with as much sarcasm as I can pile on after just waking up. Swiftly I pull the pillow from my face and scowl into my mothers eyes, which peer down at me from where she stands next to my bed.

"Up. Now." she says firmly before leaving the room, slamming the door shut behind her.

Ten minutes pass as I manage to pull myself from the overwhelmingly inviting warmth of my bed sheets and dress into my school uniform.

I wear a black and white checked skirt, black socks, a white long sleeved shirt and a black sweater with a small white flower (our schools logo) embroidered on the left side, over my chest.

I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror, tugging at the hem of my skirt and pulling my sleeves down over my hands. I've always been very conservative, I never wear short sleeved shirts if I can help it, I just don't feel comfortable showing that much skin. After scanning up and down my uniform to make sure that everything is in place, I allow my eyes to reach up and look at my face.

I've never been classified as a pretty girl, and I can see why. My face's proportions are off slightly so my face itself is slim but my features are all messed up on size. My eyes are huge and a strange dark blue colour. My nose has always been a little bit on the big side but my mouth is of the average size I suppose. I tear my eyes, and thoughts away from my appearance, and allow myself to finish getting ready for school.

I fumble around my room, grabbing my school things when I see them. Sighing, I tug a brush through hair- which has managed to fix itself into a huge ball of dark brown tousled strands, as my morning hair usually goes -but to no use, it still sticks up in all different directions. Defeated I use my hands to smooth it down and make it appear less frizzy. Finally, after what feels like half a life time, it lies straight and falls down to just under my collarbone, as it normally does when it behaves.

"Aya-Chan? We should get gong!" My younger brother bangs his fists onto my door. I speedily pull my shoes on and yank my school bag up onto my shoulder.

"I'm coming little bro." I call and open the door to reveal him standing there staring up at me with his big blue eyes.

"Aya-Chan!" He squeaks, grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway to the stairs.

He is only six years old and he is already stronger than me. I guess I've never been that strong.

"Slow down Kita! I mean for gods sake, I'm tripping over my own feet."

"Sorry Aya-Chan, we just have to hurry! I need you to walk me to school and we'll be late if we don't leave right away!" By now we're at the front door, ready to leave.