Chapter Four: Could you give me a ride?

"Chapter Four: Could you give me a ride?"

"NO WATER BREAKS, YOU LAZY PRETEENS!" Coach yelled at us from the bench, sipping on his coffee. How were we still preteens? I was sixteen for God's sake!

Sweat was dripping from my nose and my Manchester shirt was soaked. Coach made us do 25 laps around the field with the sun burning into our skin. We probably looked like idiots- panting and sweating like there was no tomorrow.

After we were done with the laps, Coach made us do countless amounts of suicides, burpees, more laps- it was torture, really. We just finished 50 burpees when coach told us we had to do 50 more. Some of the boys took their shirts off because of the heat. I heard some girls on the bleachers gasping in delight. I didn't really care to be honest- I had seen too many boy's chests over the years. This wasn't anything new for me.

"Come on, Paul! Don't stop now, you only did 20! I'm adding 20 more burpees for everyone!" Coach shouted. Everyone groaned.

We did a few more exercises before Coach decided we were done. All the boys rushed to the bench, clucking down all the water bottles. I wiped my face and neck with the towel I brought with me and sat down on the grass. Hector sat beside me and sighed, "Tough practice huh."

I nodded and took a gulp of my water. "My muscles are going to be sore for a while," I grunted, picking at the grass around me. I looked around and noticed Dave leaning against the fence, not looking tired in the slightest. He saw me looking and stared back at me. I frowned at him, not comprehending how he was just standing there like he didn't just do a freaking intense workout.

I stood up and walked over to him, leaning on the fence also. He instantly moved a bit closer so our arms were now touching each other. I felt his body heat radiate onto my arm, but surprisingly no sweat. "How are you not sweating?" I questioned.

"I'm not a pig, like others..." He teased, glancing sideways at me.

I punched him and snorted, "Speak for yourself, pig." Lame comeback, I know.

"Horse."

"Whale."

"Turtle."

"We're leaving," Hale announced as he walked by us, annoyance seeping into his voice. "Come on. Grab your stuff, Madison! I want to go now. I'm in desperate need of a nice, cold shower."

"SAME!" Justin yelled from the other side of the field. How he overheard our conversation was a mystery to me. Hale rushed over to Hector, Liam, and Justin- leaving me and Dave behind.

Dave slung an arm over my shoulders and dragged me with him. "Leggo!"

We walked over to the boys, who were chatting on the parking lot. "Am I the only one that thinks Maleficent is weirdly hot?" Justin randomly asked, dead serious.

"Dude, no. Just no." Hale shook his head.

"I kind of agree with Justin," Luke, the silent one of the group, said.

"I knew it! Bad girls are the most fun," Justin stated, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Y'all are so dirty," I snorted.

All the boys shrugged. "Aren't all boys these days?" Paul exclaimed.

"There's something wrong with this generation..." I mumbled.

"I see it as innovation." Justin spread his arms and stared dramatically at the sky. I rolled my eyes. He could be such an idiot sometimes.

"You don't even know what that word means, idiot," I said.

"Yes, I do!" He shouted proudly.

We strolled to the front of our school. Most of the guys hopped into their cars, ready to drive off. I didn't have a car so I went to the bike shed to pick up my bike. Yes. I rode a bike. Not that I minded though. 

It was actually fun. 

Sometimes. 

Okay, it sucked most of the time- I was always late and soaked when it rained. I just hoped I could buy a car as soon as possible with the money I earned with my job at the snack bar.

I looked around in the bike shed but couldn't find my bike anywhere. That's when I remembered: mom drove me to school this morning. I was late this morning...again. Sometimes she would drive me to school and today was one of those days. One of the guys would always bring me home, because, you know, they actually had cars.

I rushed back to the parking lot, but everyone's cars were gone. I groaned in frustration. This couldn't be happening. Fuck.

"Swearing doesn't suit you." A familiar voice said from the other side of the fence where mostly motorcycles were parked. Did I say that out loud? Dave chuckled.

"Dave?" I ran around the fence. "You're still here?"

"No, I'm on the highway." He sighed and rolled his eyes at my question. His motorcycle roared to life as he hit the engine with his foot.

"Not appreciating the sarcasm." I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Then don't ask me stupid questions, sweetheart." He said simply, directing his eyes at me. He ran a hand through his curly locks.

A warm feeling flooded through my body at the nickname. I cleared my throat. "Could you maybe give me a ride?"

"Damn. I didn't think you'd ever ask. 9 a.m. My house?" He cocked his eyebrow, mischief vivid in his bright green eyes.

"Gross. No. I meant on your motorcycle." I grimaced, stepping away from him.

"Well, I guess..." He drawled, shrugging his shoulders. "But it comes with a price..." He snickered, obviously thinking of something dirty.

"Forget it! I'm walking home." I turned around and started walking in the other direction.

"I was kidding, okay. Don't get your panties in a twist." He mumbled, catching up with me on his motorcycle.

"Great. Let's just go." I hopped on the back of his motorcycle, making myself comfortable. He handed me his helmet he was wearing before and I put it on. "Are we going?" I asked, waiting for him to step on the gas.

"No, you will fall off this way, you have to put your arms around me. You don't know how motorcycles work or something?" He said.

"No, I don't. I ride a bike to school you know. Can you really blame me?" I put my arms around him and felt him chuckle softly. We immediately strode off.

-------------

COMMENT AND VOTE!! <3

UPLOADING A CHAPTER EVERY WEEK!

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE STORY! :D XX