Chapter Fifteen: That's an international donutcrime!

The picture above is the way we should be looking at the economy. Just take a look at it if you're interested.

It's from the book 'Donuteconomy' by Kate Raworth.

Ok. Let's focus on the new, really long-awaited chapter.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------

"Chapter Fifteen: That's an international donutcrime!"

I WOKE UP CHRIS BREEZY. Just kidding. I fucking wish.

The bus rode over a bump and I jumped up in my chair.

Good morning to me. Yay.

I squinted my eyes at the bright sunlight coming through the window next to my face. I had fallen asleep resting my head on my hand. I sat up straight and stretched my arm and neck. Because of my uncomfortable sleeping position, my neck suffered from some serious pain right now.

To make matters worse, the AC was blowing cold air on me forcefully, making me shiver and wrapping my arms around myself. I reached up and directed the cold air to the side. My body instantly relaxed.

"Um, no thanks," a voice next to me mumbled. I looked over at Dave. His eyes were closed and he seemed like he was trying to sleep. But the growing smirk on his lips betrayed him. His arm suddenly rose up and he pointed the AC back at me.

Whoa. Not happening, mate.

"Um, no thanks," I said, mockingly repeating his words. I frowned and blew out an irritated sigh. I reached up to point it back at him, but he was fast and caught my hand. His eyes were still closed.

"Ninja..." I murmured.

"Just leave it," he smiled and didn't let go of my hand even when I tried to pull it back.

I tried shooting him an irritated look but got caught off guard when I saw how peaceful he looked sleeping. I noticed how his brown locks fell down his forehead messily, some touching his full eyebrows. My eyes traveled down to his long lashes perfectly framing his bright, mesmerizing green eyes that were now hidden behind his eyelids. His straight nose and his mouth. His pink, full lips that were still tugged into a slightly fading smirk. His perfectly sculpted jaw and- Oh my god. What was I doing?

"Admiring my beauty?" Dave's voice suddenly broke the silence. Did he just answer my mental question? Wrong answer by the way. I wasn't.

He opened his beautiful eyes and I felt my cheeks turn a darker shade of red. I turned my head from his captivating gaze and focused on the back of Brian's head. The blonde-haired guy in front of me was also sleeping. He was snoring loudly.

"Just wondering how your mom could've created something that ugly," I snorted.

He rolled his eyes amusedly, not fazed at all by my words. "Yeah, right.."

I chose to ignore him and stared out the window. Cars kept passing by. I looked at the landscape behind the highway. New York couldn't be far away anymore, I could already see a glimpse of the ocean. I remembered swimming in it when mom, dad and I went on a vacation to Florida when I was six. I couldn't remember every detail, but I remembered loving that trip.

A yawn escaped my lips and I fell back in my chair. Maybe I could get some more sleep. I dozed off listening to the cars around us and the AC, that was still aggressively blowing cold air on my hair. I moved my head to the side, so the stream of air moved from my head to my arm. I collided with a shoulder and I decided to rest my head on it.