5|Flustered

f l u s t e r e d

After waking up to an empty space beside me on the bed, I rose up and picked up my belongings and left the room. The sex with Jude was good but there was still a part of me wishing it was as good as with Travis. But anyway it was Jude I'm attracted to, not Travis.

The thought of him makes my stomach flutter. With anger of course. And even though he hadn't spoken to me or try to play pranks on me, I can't even look him in the eye. The most annoying part of it all was that I find myself stealing glances at him whenever he was not looking.

I ask myself, why did he have to fuck so good?

Why did it have to be him?

Though if I didn't hate his guts, I won't lie that it wouldn't be hard to fall for him. I mean the guy is hot and all but I just can't stand him. The guy gets my goat just by existing.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful in between expecting a call or at least a text from Jude which of course I never got.

On Monday morning I did not see either of the guys and when lunch rolled around, I saw Travis sitting in a chair at my usual table. The rest of the popular kids were there and when I sat down on my sit it was unfortunately in front of where Travis was seated—where Jude was supposed to be sitting.

And speaking of Jude, I scanned the faces of everyone in the cafeteria but couldn't find the one I was looking for.

"Hey McCarthy good to see you again old friend" Travis sang plastering a smirk on his face and I glared at him. That stupid smirk of his made my stomach flip at how surprisingly beautiful it was.

"Claire, where's Jude?" I asked and the Asian girl shrugged.

"Oh! You mean pretty boy? Don't worry about him princess, I took care of him" Travis said, rubbing his hands together like he was dusting them. I didn't like the sound of that. At all.

What does he mean by took care of him? I turned towards Josh raising an expectant eyebrow. "He's not in school" Josh replied truthfully.

I felt relieved, at least whatever he's up to is better than being taken care of by Travis.

"What are you doing here Stein?" Lila asked

"Just hanging out with old friends. Nice isn't it?" I rolled my eyes at his words and didn't even bother to raise my head.

After some moments of silence, Travis spoke up. "I have a confession guys" he said and every head turned to him.

He sent me a knowing look and licked his lips for dramatic effect "I have some fingernail scars on my back from an event one night" he said and laughed but when nobody understood what he meant, he added "She must be a wild one, isn't she?" he waggled his bushy brows, causing the guy's to snicker and some even delivered slaps to his back and he winked at Lila who was sitting on my right.

I choked on my Coke and I hit my chest repeatedly trying to cough up the Coke. Fuck, does it mean he remembered. Oh fudge I'm fucked.

"Are you okay McCarthy?" he asked with a glint in his eyes.

"Fuck you Travis" Lila came to my defense and when I glanced at my left I saw a flustered Amanda.

But there was something off about the expression on her face and when she exhaled from her mouth, my eyes moved to Josh that was sitting in front of her and I saw that both of his hands were under the table and then…

"Ew.. Amanda!" she opened her eyes and looked at me. I stood up and left the damn cafeteria, my idiot best friend and sexy lump of shit the devil had sent to make my high school days a living hell.

***