13|The Right Thing

t h e  r i g h t  t h i n g

These past two weeks had been the longest week of my life. I've been moping and crying every night. My mom had noticed and had asked me, "Ginnifer honey, why do you look like this?"

"Nothing mom"

"Don't be silly honey, and don't think I haven't been hearing you cry all night. What is the matter dear?"

Tears came down my eyes and she pulled me to her. "Is this about that Jude boy? Lila told me what he did. He is a fool you know and he doesn't deserve you"

No I don't deserve you mom. "It isn't him. I mean Jude, it hurts too but it isn't him."

"Then who honey?"

"Travis"

"Travis who? You mean TRAVIS. What did he do to you?"

"Yes but he didn't hurt me, not physically though. But emotionally" I told her everything that happened, from the drunken night to the day at his house and she took my hands in hers when I was done.

"Based on my understanding of what you told me I think he did the right thing. One of you was bound to get hurt by the way if not the both of you and he doesn't have much of a choice. You said his friend confronted you the next day right?"

"Yes, he told his best friend after I fucking told him not to tell anyone"

"Sara! Language!"

I cringed at the mention of my middle name, "I'm sorry mom"

"You see, he kept a secret from his friend and he tried to make it up by doing the right thing."

"Yes and Josh is not talking to him anymore. He looks like sh–ame, and his mouth have probably forgotten how to smile."

"Do you love him?"

"What? Mom no! I mean yes, maybe. I don't know. But I'm not supposed to feel this hurt."

She chuckled and placed her hand on my shoulder to stand up, "Well, you'll tell with time.You know when I met your father, I–"

"Mom I know. You've told us this story  like a hundred times"

She chuckled again and walked away, "Silly girl"

"You love me!" I called after her, feeling genuinely happy for the first time in a while.

***

"Hey Gin" Lila greeted.

"Hey yourself"

"What's with the attitude?"

"Why did you fucking tell Emily about Jude?"

"She was worried about you. And besides I didn't tell her that you have been sleeping with Travis behind our back. You hypocrite"

My jaw fell to the floor, "You knew?"

She folded her hands on her chest and smirked, "Mandy told me but I've always had my suspicions"

I looked at Amanda who was striking the same pose as Lila, "And you?"

"Josh"

"Motherfucker" I muttered.

"Shouldn't you be apologizing? Travis already did"

"The poor guy looks miserable" that was Amanda.

"What! Travis apologized?"

"We confronted him"

"I'm sorry Lil, Mandy, I wasn't thinking. I wasn't listening to my brain, I was only listening to my feelings and I didn't want you guys to scold me." I cast down my head and hunched my back.

"Exactly my friend, you should have told us. We know how you feel about him and we can't stop you from following your 'feelings'"

"Gin, remember what you told me here the other day? It's feelings you cannot control it and I won't judge you for liking him. We won't judge you Ginny. We love you."

"Thanks guys, I love you. But I don't want to talk about my feelings and besides he doesn't feel the same way. It just feels like being with Jude all over again, the feeling is always one-sided."

"You can never tell. I mean look at him he's as miserable as you are."

"Yes, because of Josh. He fucking hates me and you know that"

"Don't be so sure Ginny" Amanda smirked.

"What do you mean by that. And why are you guys acting weird"

"Nothing. Very soon Gin, very soon." Amanda said.

"You're creeping me out. Are you sure you're okay."

"Maybe I'm not."

"Sisters hug!" Lila cried.

"I can really do with that" I said and they pressed their bodies against mine.

***

Thank you guys for reading this far.. I love you.
This story has been re-written and changes have been made. But not enough to change the whole plot though.

Vote, comment and God bless.