7|Keeping It A Secret

k e e p i n g i t a s e c r e t

"Are you sure you don't want want to come to the party 'cause it's dope AF?"

I sighed and opened the fridge to take a bottle of water "Nah man. It's okay enjoy yourself"

I didn't feel like going to the party, though I told Josh that I was having a headache, there was something else stopping me from going. Ginny. Maybe by avoiding her, I was going to get over any feelings I might be developing for her. So I decided to stay home and watch Revolutionary Road with Penny, my golden retriever.

"If you say so man, I'll be sure to-holy shit I've got to go man"

I sat down on the couch and placed my water bottle on the table beside me, "What happened, Josh?"

"It's Amanda Phillips, she just came in looking as hot as ever"

Amanda? Isn't that one of Ginny's friends? Just when I thought I could stop thinking about her "Oh, but I thought you don't do girls twice." I reminded him.

A week ago, Josh had come to me, gushing about how he slept with Amanda and how it was the best sex he's ever had. I had to give her credit though, considering the heaping number of girls he'd slept with.

"I know but I can't help myself. I feel like fucking her every time I see her"

"Someone is whipped" I teased.

"You can say that again"

I chuckled "Well good for you man, enjoy your self. And remember to use protection, I don't want to be an uncle yet" I cut the call and stood up to play the movie and went back to sit on the couch, tucking my legs underneath me. Penny went to lie on my laps and faced the TV, I smiled at the dog and stroked his fur.

"Spoiled brat" I said and Penny made a disapproving sound.

The doorbell rang at 11:43 pm and I was startled, I wasn't expecting anybody and knowing Josh, he'd still be at the party, probably fucking Amanda.

"Go get the door Penny" Penny didn't even bother raising his head, he just whimpered and continued staring at the TV.

"Fuck you" I stood up causing Penny to fall from my laps, put on my slippers and wrapped my night robe around my waist as I headed towards the door.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement when I saw the person in front of me. I shut my slacked jaw in time to prevent my drool from falling off. The last person I expected to see, the person I gave up tonight's party for, was standing in front of my door in her beautiful glory with an uncertain expression clouding her face.

"Won't you invite me in?" she said in a small voice. The sound of her voice was different from her usual nasal voice.

"Yea-uh no, you are not welcome here" I regained my senses and make to slam the door on her face because that's the right thing to do.

Is it?

She moved closer and before I could process what's happening, her lips were already on mine. Rational thoughts went out the window and I wasted no time in enclosing her slender waist in my arms.

I pulled her inside and kicked the door shut then led her towards the couch. After we broke apart for the much needed air, hands still on her waist, I asked.

"What are you doing here?"

"Shut up and lie down", she said in a raspy voice, turning me on the more. Her eyes had darkened and without further protest, I laid on the couch and pulled her with me. We would have landed on Penny if the poor thing hadn't ran for his life.

Foolish dog, he didn't even bark at her.

***

Ginny

I haven't been more fulfilled in my life. I had been giggling on my bed since morning, even the way I had spoken to Lila when she called to fill me in on the details of last night's party had her suspecting if I'd gone nuts.

But after what happened with Travis last night we'd come to an agreement 'never to let anyone know about it'

"Why are you doing this. What do you mean by not to tell anyone?" he had responded.

"What, do you think just because we had sex twice, that I don't hate you anymore or I want to date you?" I had replied harshly to make it clear that I wanted nothing but sex from him.

"Who ever said anything about dating. You're way ahead of yourself Queen bitch, I'd never dream about that if I were you." he replied in a matching tone.

Although I'd never minded him calling me Queen bitch, hearing it again after having mind blowing sex with him made my heart sink.

"Exactly Travis. I hate you, you hate me but we can't deny the fact that we want each other so that's why we have to keep it a secret that we are screwing around. You can't tell anyone, not even Josh"

He cringed at the mention of 'screwing around'. Although I hated the sound of that too, I was happy that I got to pay him back for calling me Queen bitch earlier. "Fine."

***

Edited.