~38~

"She is a rare soul, she has this infectious energy that makes you want to run next to her, she belonged to no one but herself & to anyone that was yet understand themselves, found the missing pieces in her presence." 

―   Nikki Rowe

Chelsey's thick waves stopped just under her chin, she combed out her hair in her Disney princess that she had since she was six, when she insisted on getting a new one her parents didn't see the point. She slipped into her loose banana republic jeans, fluffed her frizzy golden hair, and threw on a white tank top with a black cotton cardigan. 

Her parents wouldn't allow her to ware make up, they said her face was clear and that she didn't need it, Chelsey though was insecure about a few acne dots that covered her olive colored skin. She bit down on her lip and softy smoothed over her cheek. Examining each red blotch in the mirror. 

She sighed exasperatedly, and grabbed her bag to walk out the door. She told her mom she was going to the poetry club, and would be home around 9. Chelsey was active in poetry. It was was wonderful for self expression for her. The club was the only place she felt calm. Her parents stressed her out, pushing her for straight A's and school scholarships, self importance and bank accounts. 

When deep down chelsey just yearned to be herself. She had noticed, she felt freer in spirit the less she wore, just comfortable, unrestrained and stress free.  She always dreamed of running naked on the beach. Her family would shame her forever. She loved poetry and music that sent her mind on a trip. Loose dresses that took up with the wind, and rows of grass with morning due, the modern day hippie, she wanted to evolve from stress and school and live life as a free spiritual being.

 Nothing she was doing in life reflected her thoughts. She silently bared though. She wasn't really going to the poetry club tonight. She peddled down the street, she was meeting up with John. Besides that brief encounter with Ashton, she hadn't had an experience any experience with guys. She hoped John would give her that freedom she yearned for.

 She wasn't extremely forward with what she wanted , so she decided to ease into it eventually. She wanted John to be one of many to relive her stress and built up tension, and she'd do anything to get rid of it all. They met up causally, and he chatted her up in the hallway one day, chelsey was surprised and happy when he started talking to her in school. 

She wasn't really sure what he found interesting about her, she hardly talked, she dressed blandly. She still wasn't going to complain about the results despite this. He pulled up in a volts wagon along a sidewalk. She threw her bike in trunk and hopped in. Chelsey sighed dreamily running her hands along the interior of his smooth seats, his car smelled the pine treees, real earthy. He had deep fluffy seat covers that she sunk into. They texted a lot and he seemed extremely intrigued by anything she said or did. He smiled at her warmly, and flirted with her all night. Chelsey thought it was cute but emotion wasn't what she was going for.