Eighteen: Questions and Answers

I stared down at my ring on my finger as I was twisting it around looking at the design on it. It looked like any other ordinary ring but if you look closely, it's so much more than that.

Every ring has a unique design, whether you see it or not.

I sat on the bed as I heard the shower in the bathroom. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was nine and we had to be there by eleven. I was already dressed and ready to go, but Lauren had to take a shower so here I am, waiting.

Today was the day that we find out what the gender of our baby is going to be, and I have never been more nervous in my whole life. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm finally going to find out the gender, or the whole concept of the thing.

We're having a baby.

I still can't get over it and I don't think I ever will. It's going to change our lives forever. and honestly, I can't wait. Lauren is my life and I want to spend the rest of it with her, and that's what I'm planning on doing.

I'm guessing you're wondering about Louis?

Ever since Lauren told me about what happened, I was in shock. I couldn't believe it and Lauren was crying her eyes out because of it. It took me a few minutes to process that it really did happen.

When I asked why he did it, she didn't tell me and I don't know why. She said that it really wasn't my business and although that made me mad, I let it go and moved on from it.

I heard the shower stop and I knew that she was getting out. Lauren didn't talk to me much yesterday and she didn't talk me to today, and it really hurts to know that she's taking this a little too hard. 

I understand that he was her ex husband, but I didn't know that it was going to be this bad on her.

I decided to walk out while she was getting out, because it'll just be an awkward encounter when she's getting dressed and I'm sitting there watching her.

I decided to go outside and wait for her. As soon as I stepped foot out the door, fresh air instantly hit me. It felt amazing to be outside and I need to start coming outside more often instead of being stuck inside the house.

I looked down at my sling that my arm was in, and although it still hurts, it's getting better. I don't start therapy until next week, and I really don't need it because it's getting better on it's own, so I don't need someone else helping me.

I walked down the driveway and looked around at our neighbors. It was quiet Saturday but there were a few kids outside playing, but it's not a noisy neighborhood.

I heard a door shut and I turned around to see Lauren walking outside of the house. She locked the door and started walking to the car, so I followed her. I got into the passenger seat as she got into the driver side.

She doesn't let me drive.

I don't know what it is, but she's funny about letting other people drive her around. She doesn't let me drive and I don't understand that.

I bet when she goes into labor, she'll drive herself to the hospital. 

I stared at the window as the drive was silent. I didn't want to start a conversation because I didn't feel the need to talk to her. I knew that she didn't want to talk, and I was fine with that.

I couldn't help but wonder why Louis did it. He was acting strange yesterday, and even though I couldn't figure out what, I knew there was something wrong with him. But I didn't know that it was that bad for him to kill himself.