Seventeen: Nightmare

Song^ I Killed a Man by Tedy

Louis pinned me against the wall while pressing down on my neck. His face was inches from mine and I couldn't get out of his grip no matter how hard I tried. It seemed as though his strength overpowered mine in these situations.

I heard Lauren screaming in the background and I saw Louis smile in my face, "Don't worry about her right now," he pressed harder on my neck but I couldn't get his grip to loosen. He chuckled, "I told you that I was going to win, didn't I?" he came towards my ear and whispered, "I always win," he loosened his grip but then instantly punched my stomach.

I bent over in pain but he pulled my hair and made me stand back up. He started digging through his pocket and I saw an object being pulled out as my heart was pounding against my chest. When he pulled the object out in view, my heart stopped.

A knife.

He smiled as he opened it with his teeth while his grip never loosened. He ran the knife down my face and I closed my eyes as he started chuckling. He stopped the knife at my neck but soon started going further down and stopped at my stomach.

I opened my eyes to see him staring at me but soon everything happened in slow motion as the knife entered my stomach and I was soon falling to the ground.

As I lay there, I saw sight of Lauren screaming and crying on the floor nearby. I saw Louis make his way to her and pick her up to carry her over his shoulder. She thrashed and screamed but he never let her go.

She cried out, "Camz! Camz!" as everything started fading black, he was walking out the door.

"Camz! Camz!"

I felt someone shake me but I was too weak to move. I kept hearing voices but I didn't recognize them. As I slowly started opening my eyes, I was met by a pair of green ones who were hovering over me.

I felt a hand caress my cheek as Lauren stared at me, "Baby? Are you ok?" she searched my eyes. I felt dizzy but didn't respond. "Do you want some water?" I slowly nodded as my eyes were closing and I heard her get up.

I laid there and thought about that dream I had. I've been having nightmares for a while now and it's terrifying when I wake up because I'm in a fog and I can't think right. It seems the nightmares take a toll on my body and mind, and it's messing me up.

I wish they would stop.

I felt a hand behind my neck and I opened my eyes to see Lauren tilting my head up with a glass of water at my lips. I took a sip and laid back down as she sat the glass on the table and laid down with me.

We were both naked from last night, and our body heat was connecting with each other. I felt safe around her and it seems as though she's the only one who can do that.

She kissed my forehead and whispered, "I'm right here, love. I'm not going anywhere," I looked in her eyes as she was staring at me and even in the darkness, I could see her blue orbs.

"These nightmares won't go away," I whispered. I wanted to cry but held it together.

She tucked my hair behind my ear, "I know baby. They'll go away, I promise," she gently kissed my lips and I instantly felt better.

I snuggled up to her as I could feel the protection. I knew that my dreams weren't real, and they won't be. But it still terrifies me that it's the same dream every time, and I don't know what to do.

These nightmares will be the death of me.

*

"How about this one?" Clarke held up a shirt and I looked it over then shook my head. She laid it down then picked up another one, "This one?" I shook my head and she groaned.