Chapter 7

Today was the day. I was getting married, to Wilfred Spencer.

As I ate breakfast in bed with Cathy. I thought how much I would have to spend almost the whole entire day in my bedroom-- getting ready for the wedding.

It's not like I don't enjoy being in my room. It's just...I can get bored quite easily. Then there's the whole "bride and groom can't see each other because it'd be bad luck" that type of thing.

I sighed as I stayed in the bathroom while Cathy took a bath.

"You know," She said as she played with the soap suds. "You should have taken a bath first."

"No, it's fine." I waved what she said off. "I can always take a quick shower."

She nodded as she pouted a little. "But today's your day though..."

I laughed as I took a face towel, wet it, and washed her face gently.

"Ah," She whined, but let me wash her face for her.

"Like said," I looked at her. She had rosy cheeks now. "It's fine."

After I had taken a shower, instead of a bath, I spend the entire morning and early afternoon in my bathroom as I got ready.

I also spend a lot of time in a chair as I got my hair and makeup done. It took a lot of hours, but soon enough, I was done. My hair was elaborately French braided to the side and pinned into an elegant bun, where the maids had stuck flower pins all around the bun.

My makeup was very subtle in the face and lips. It was my eyes that stood out the most with a contrast of light and dark eyeshadow-- contrasting into a smoky eye-- and thin to thick eyeliner that ended in a wing just past my eyelashes.

As I looked at my reflection before I had to put my wedding dress on, I looked different. It was as if I was looking at someone else.

Huh, I thought as I got into my white tube dress where the train trailed and flared out behind me. The tube part of the dress had white pearls all around. This dress had just suited me perfectly, all elegant and somewhat old-fashioned looking. Yet, it could fit in the modern world.

I hope Wilfred likes it, I thought as a maid clipped in the veil close to the crown of my head.

Wilfred hadn't seen the dress yet. When I had asked him if he had wanted to see it, he said he wanted to wait-- wanted to be a surprise.

"You look lovely!" Cathy clapped excitedly as she came back to my room in a elegant light pink dress.

"Thank you," I blushed slightly as I gently hugged her. "You look quite lovely yourself."

"Oh, stop it." She blushed. "It's your day, you don't have to compliment other people out of politeness."

"What," My eyes widened as I looked at my little sister in her light pink dress that stopped just above her ankles, but that's probably because she was wearing high heels. "You do look lovely though, silly."

"Well, if that's really the case..." She trailed off and blushed even more.

I laughed as Zain came in, probably to tell me that it was time to go to the entrance of the Palace.

Somehow, I don't know how, but we were going to have the ceremony in front of the grand staircase. According to my grandfather, that's how previous Michel's had gotten married, including himself. I mean, I didn't worry about the space, it was quite spacious to have people watch the ceremony-- I just don't know how I'm going to get to the entrance without actually going down the staircase itself.

However, Zain knew all of the secrets of the Palace. He had led us to a staircase at the end of my hallway, a staircase I've never seen before-- or took notice of anyway.

"This staircase, I've never seen it before." I said as I had parted with Cathy. A few maids were carrying the train of my dress.

"Usually, there's a long tapestry covering the entry of the staircase." Zain explained as he led us down further and further down the Palace through the staircase. "I removed it to make it easier for us to enter."

"Oh," Was all I could say.

Moments later, we were at the side of the Palace, close to the entrance.

"Maybe, wearing heels was a bad idea." I said as we met my father at the front doors.

"Does your feel hurt already?" Zain asked trying not to laugh.

"No, not yet," I shook my head as I laughed, "but the heels are getting quite uncomfortable."

"Well, I apologize." Zain said as he bowed before he left to go back inside.

"You look amazing." My father said as he looked at me and the dress.

"Thank you," I breathed as I put my hand in the crook of my fathers right arm.

Zain's head popped out of the door. "Are you ready?"

My father put the veil over my face.

I nodded. "I'm ready."

And with that, Zain opened the door and the entrance song began.

I took a deep breath in and out before my father led us down the makeshift aisle, slowly but gradually.

Our guests, I didn't even notice. The only person that did notice, was Wilfred as he waited for me at first step of the grand staircase.

Author's Note:

Eek!! It's happening! It's happening! Well...I just have to stop here! I just have to. Well I don't have to really, but I'm going to.

To make the ceremony even better.

Until the next chapter, my lovelies!