Chapter 9

Wilfred and I led the way to the Ballroom, where the reception would take place. I was still in my wedding dress as we made our way around the Ballroom, to greet our guests and Wilfred's family-- my family.

"Congratulations," Prince Roberto practically gave me a bear hug.

"Thanks," I gasped as I gently hugged him back. The dress was fairly tight, I was lucky that I could breathe-- barely-- in it.

After Roberto, all of the other Princes had gathered around to give their best wishes and to congratulate our marriage.

Keith was being a goofball, pretending to cry. "I can't believe my little sister is married." His eyes widened as a though hit him. "I don't think could do this a second time, to see Cathy get married."

I rolled my eyes as Wilfred wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Oh, stop it." I shook my head at Keith. "You're being such a goofball."

"Am not," He pretended to protest but he was smiling. "Huh, you got married before I did-- and I'm the eldest in the family." He added with a wink.

"Eh," I shrugged as we decided to greet our other guests.

"Well wasn't Keith acting weird," Wilfred whispered into my ear.

"Better have him weird than being his arrogant usual self." I whispered back as we sat with my grandfather at the front of the Ballroom.

The toasts had begun after the food was served.

My father went first, then Wilfred's father, my grandfather, and so on.

All of their words were touching and I would cherish them close to my heart.

When all of the toasts were out of the way, we ate, and then it was time for me to give my bouquet away.

I stood in the middle of the Ballroom, all the single women and girls behind me.

"Ready," I turned my back to them.

"Yes," They cheered and with that I threw it has high as I could over my shoulder.

I turned to look who had caught it, and to my surprise it was Cathy.

She looked just as shocked as the other women and girls.

My eyes found Keith and I gave him a look when I engulfed Cathy with kisses on the cheek and a gentle hug.

Keith shook his head as we made our way to his table, where my father and, technically, stepmother were.

"Maybe you should try getting the garter." I lightly teased my brother, seeing how Cathy had caught the bouquet of flowers.

"Oh, you're wearing one?" He took long drink of his champagne. "I didn't know you would do that. Considering, you're young and all."

His mother rolled her eyes. "Oh, please, Keith. Age is but a number-- and it's tradition." She stood up and hugged me. It was the first hug we've shared as stepmother and stepdaughter. "I can't believe my stepdaughter just got married. Congratulations, dear."

"Thank you," I hugged her back as I took in her lovely perfume. I've always loved the smell of her perfume. Sometimes, it would remind me of my own mother.

I was whisked back to the center of the Ballroom, where Wilfred was waiting for me. He looked flushed, the thought of having to seek for my garter through the countless layers of my wedding dress.

Zain brought a chair and I sat on it.

"You'll find it," I whispered as he knelt down on one knee in front of me.