Chapter 8

My father gave my hand to Wilfred once we reached him at the grand staircase.

By the serious look on Wilfred's face, he knew that this was my father and not my Uncle.

"Keep her happy," My father said when they shook hands.

"I will," Wilfred promised.

And with that, Wilfred and I joined hands, and the ceremony began.

"...now I was told that you two have written your own vows?" The priest raised his eyebrows at the two of us.

I kept a smile on my face as people took our pictures at every angle at this moment.

"Yes, we have." Wilfred replied after the picture taking was over.

He stood up straighter and looked into my eyes, his blue eyes clear as a sunny day at the ocean.

Cathy gave me Wilfred's wedding band, as she was my maid-of-honor.

"Linda," He said as his voiced echoed all around us. "You're the most wonderful, kind woman that I've ever met. To have you choose me and cherish me in your heart, is beyond me, but I am glad that your grandfather has brought us together. If not, I wouldn't have expressed the love that I have for you in the ways that I've had. I love you with all my heart, Linda, and I hope to love you forever."

I smiled as I put the wedding ring on his left ring finger. Everyone applauded all around us at Wilfred's vow.

Keith, my dear older brother, gave Wilfred my wedding band. I wouldn't have expected him to be Wilfred's best man, but it makes sense. Keith's reliable as any person in this room-- unless he doesn't want to be.

"Wilfred," I bit down on my lower lip for a moment. "You've practically have known me all your life, as the same for me to you. Never once, in the years of watching you-- and the rest of the Princes-- afar has ever brought my mind to this moment. I'm glad that it has though, of course with my grandfathers help--" Our guests laughed at that. "--but there will always be a place for you in my heart, no matter what the circumstances are, because, Wilfred, I love you. To the moon and back."

Wilfred took my left hand and put the wedding ring on my ring finger also.

Everyone applauded at my corniness, but for Wilfred and I. It wasn't corny. It was the display of our love in the words that we had so chosen to say to each other.

I could see it in Wilfred's eyes that he had wanted to kiss me. I was probably the same.

Almost impatiently, both of us looked at the Priest-- our hands still joined.

The Priest cleared cleared his throat and looked at both of us.

"By the power vested in me, and Lady Linda Michel--" That sure had made everyone break into laughter again. Since, he can't say my grandfathers name anymore. "--I pronounce you, Husband and Wife." The Priest looked at Wilfred then. "You may now kiss the bride."

Wilfred smiled as he lifted my veil over my head. He gently cupped my face in his white gloved hands-- and kissed me.

Finally, I thought as I kissed him back.

Cameras flashes all around us, to capture that moment.

Author's Note:

Awww...now isn't that cute.

Now, of course, there will be the reception and, last but not least, the honeymoon after this.

Sad to say, after that Wilfred and Linda's route will come to and end. Hopefully not a final end, but just a happy ending for them.

Until next time, my lovelies.