Chapter 4

When next Tuesday came along, Wilfred had to come over to my place. To finalize the food and the cake, especially the cake, for our wedding. Before I took on my role as Lady, I had wanted to spend some quality time with Wilfred-- at his place, in Phillip. Here, when Zain had gotten the chance he had me sign documents and documents. Luckily, Zain would choose times where Wilfred and I weren't busy planning our Summer Wedding.

The Wedding Planner that Wilfred and I hired agreed to what we had chosen for the food, which was quite the variety; seafood, chicken, steak, etcetera. When we had gotten to the cake, Wilfred and I couldn't decide what kind of cake we had wanted. He liked the chocolate cake and I liked the vanilla cake.

An idea popped into my mind while the Wedding Planner was trying to lean us toward a chocolate and vanilla swirl cake, to try and please our different tastes in cake.

"I've got it!" I said as I put my tasting fork in the air.

Wilfred laughed at my outburst. "What have you got?"

I laughed. "Instead of trying to find a cake that we both like, why don't we have a cake that's part chocolate and park white-- and we could put a groom figure on the chocolate side and a bride figure on the vanilla side."

"That is a good idea," The Wedding Planner said admiringly.

"Yes," Wilfred agreed as he looked at me with loving, admiring eyes. "That is a good idea. You're a genius, Linda."

"I know," I giggled as I kissed him on the lips.

Wilfred kissed me back and before I knew it. It was time for him to go.

My heart clenched at the thought of him leaving. He must have sensed my sudden discomfort of him leaving me.

"We'll see each other soon," He promised as he engulfed me into his arms.

"I know..." I trailed off as I smelled his shirt, it smelled nice. It smelled like...well...it smelled like Wilfred. "I just...I miss you so much when you leave."

Wilfred looked at me at arms length, he cupped my face in his hands. "I miss you too when I have to leave, but we'll soon be together. After all of the planning-- we'll wake up in each others arms every morning after we're married."

"Yeah," I chuckled as I bit down on my lower lip. "That's true, I guess." A part of me missed that day where I had gotten really drunk at the Castle in Phillip. Wilfred had made me sleep over, and in the end we had slept in the same bed. In Wilfred's bed.

"I have to go now." Wilfred said as he kissed me tenderly on the lips. "I love you, Linda. With all my heart."

"I love you too." I kissed him one last time, for that day at least. "To the moon and back."

He laughed as we parted.

Why did I have to be practically imprisoned here, because of the barrier?

I shook my head as I went to my room. "Don't think that Linda. It's your duty as the Lady-- of all Six Kingdoms-- to protect the sacred land of your family. The barrier is one of your duties as a Lady."

As much as I kept thinking that, I felt like I was being selfish. Yes, I wanted to be with Wilfred almost every single day-- I'm sure he feels the same-- but my duty comes first. Same went for Wilfred.

We just had to make do with what we have, that's the only thing that we could do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day before my coronation, Wilfred and I were speaking on the phone. Just talking like we always did on the phone, when he had asked the question that I had been thinking. I just didn't want to bring it up, in fear of what it might cause. Like, a fight maybe.

"So, I've been thinking." Wilfred said over his end. "Since our Wedding date is coming up soon...I was wondering where we would stay. Your place...or mine."

I sighed as I sat up on my bed. The obvious answer was mine, but there was the sound of hope in Wilfred's voice. That I could possibly stay in Phillip.

"Wilfred," I began as I clutched my phone in my hand tightly. "You know that I have to stay here in the Palace. If I left, for a long time, the barrier will fade and the land will lose its sacred power..." That's why the Michel's have lived, stayed, on this land-- because of that sole purpose. This land has never been soiled.

"Yeah," Wiflred tried to laugh but I knew that he had hoped that there would be a way for me to somehow live with him in Phillip. "Yeah, I just wanted to ask either way. To get that out in the open, even if I knew it would be possible..."

The pain in Wilfred's voice, it sliced through my heart.

"Oh, Wilfred, I'm sorry." I began to babble. "You know that if I could, I would stay with you in Phillip. It's just-- I can't-- at least not at the moment. There's no one to help me keep up the barrier. I'm--" I closed my eyes. "-- I'm the on Michel left who is able to keep the barrier up."

There was silence on Wilfred's end, either he had hung up on me or he just didn't want to say anything. When I heard him sigh, the first assumption was out of my mind. He just didn't want to say anything, which made me crazy. I wanted to hear his voice, even if we just had a little disagreement-- was it a disagreement? I couldn't tell.

"I have to go." Wilfred said, as if nothing had happened between us. "Claude's calling me. I've been on the phone longer than I should. I have to get back to my work."

"Okay," I said as my heart sank. "I love you."

Wilfred hesitated before he said, "I love you too, Linda." Then he hung up.

There was no, "With all my heart" or "To the moon and back". There was just silence after I heard the line click.

I pursed my lips and a tear rolled down my face.

Wilfred and I were trying, trying so hard, but a part of me had begun to wonder, "Were we trying hard enough?" Maybe we were and I wasn't seeing that. Not now at least.

Author's Note:

Well, I'm going to leave off there.

It looks like Wilfred and Linda's relationship is getting a little bumpy. Will they make up before Linda's coronation?

Only one way to find out...

Until next time, my lovelies!

P.S. I will be writing and publishing a chapter each day. I just wanted to let you guys know-- for those of you who are reading-- so you don't have to wait for a long time. I am hoping that I can do Glenn and Linda's route after Wilfred and Linda's route. So when this is done, stay tuned for that! :)