prologue

"Do we have to go and see the Alpha?" Kai sighed

"Do we have to go and see the Alpha?" Kai sighed. Moving to La Push was supposed to be a new chapter for them all to start over without obligations but instead, moving to La Push they would be surrounded by the supernatural and that was something he was not okay with. He wanted to feel normal real for once in their lives, something he wanted especially for his twin sister. She wasn't just mourning their parent's death but she was going through so much more and he hated seeing her sad.

"Oh, quit complaining. Maybe this will be good for us. It's a new start, maybe will both find happiness here. Just give it a chance, please?" Kayla softly pleaded her twin brother.

Sofia exhaled in slight frustration, "I know but this is our responsibility. I know you don't want this Kai but Kayla might be right, this might be good for all of us. Please just deal with it for today at least?" Sofia knew she should have told them earlier but they were still grieving and needed time to process that everything was changing.

"Fine." He sighed as he pressed a kiss to his sisters head.

" He sighed as he pressed a kiss to his sisters head

"Still don't want to do this." Kai pouted as they got out the car while Kayla rolled her eyes at her brother. As soon as they did, they were faced with numerous guys without their shirts.

"Don't they have shirts?" Kayla thought.

Kai practically snorted in her head, "I guess not."

"I am not complaining." Kayla grinned as her brother looked at her in disgust.

Sofia smacked them both on the arm, "Verbal conversation." Neither of them replied, rolling their eyes as their older sister scolded them.

"Hello Sam. I'm Sofia and these are my younger siblings, Kayla and Kai." Sofia introduced to the Pack. Kayla took the time to look at the Pack members. When her eyes landed on the guy standing at the end, she froze.

He was her soulmate. The person she was destined to be with and protect at all costs. He was her other half and it terrified her. She refused to let anyone else in just to lose them. After she lost her parents, she wanted to become a stronger person but it hurt. It hurt losing the people you cared about the most.

To Jacob, she was his imprint. Something he had tried to force but looking at the goddess in front of him, he knew and understood why he couldn't. He was meant to protect her and do everything he could to ensure her happiness. She was his soulmate and he was going to do everything he could to show her he cared.