3 | bella

"Please talk to me?" Jacob pleaded

"Why? Jacob, just because I haven't said anything doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. You didn't talk to me and I honestly feel betrayed. I thought we promised to tell each other everything. You should have trusted me enough to tell me what was going on. I want to be here for you but I can't if you don't tell me what's going on. I know your relationship with Bella hasn't been easy but if she means so much to you, I want to meet her." Kayla sighed.

Jacob hung his head in shame, "I'm sorry. You're right. I should have told you. I should have told you why Sam wanted me to invite her."

"Jacob, I want to trust you but I don't like being lied to or have the truth be hidden from me. I understand why Sam would want you to invite her to the house, because it effects everyone in the Pack as well but I thought I meant more to you. I had to find out from Emily, what was going on. I don't understand why Sam wouldn't want us to know, considering the bond we have to the Pack." Kayla spoke in frustration. She wanted to trust Jacob but as soon as she put her trust in him, he doesn't tell her something vital and that she wasn't okay with.

Jacob sighed, "I'm sorry. We should have told you and nothing is going to make up for that. I, however, do hope that you will come downstairs and talk to her. You'd be able to get a better understanding of what's going on and I'd feel better if I knew you were there. She's still my friend and I'd like to introduce her to my imprint."

"Fine." Kayla pouted, "But you owe me."

Jacob grinned, "I'd expect nothing less."

"So this is the girl that's made you so happy

"So this is the girl that's made you so happy." Bella smiled at Kayla as she sat down in front of her with Jacob by her side. Jacob grinned that his friend was making an effort to get to know his imprint. Bella knew the transformation hadn't been easy for Jacob but in the few days he'd known Kayla, he had been a lot happier and that's all she wanted.

Kayla smiled softly, "It's nice to meet you. Jacob has told me so much about you." She was glad Bella was making the effort to be her friend, they were friends and were going to be in each other's lives.

"Well, he has told me more about you." Bella smirked. Jacob had been talking Bella's ear off about Kayla and she was glad she finally got to meet the girl that had been making her best friend happy. Despite Edward leaving, Bella was glad her best friend had found love.

The two made small talk before Kayla finally asked her what she had been itching to ask, "Why don't you tell us who the redhead is?"

"Her name is Victoria. She's after me because I'm the reason her mate was killed. She wants revenge and the best way for her to do that is taking me out. She even sent Laurent, the guy with dreadlocks, after me." Bella explained to the Pack.

Kayla tuned out the conversation for a while so she could think. Something told her this wasn't going to be easy. She and Kai were having visions for a reason and they both had a role to play but it wasn't going to be easy. She had to stay strong, not just for her own sake. Jacob nudged her and she looked at him in question. He was worried and he hated that he had put her in the position she was in.

"What do you think we should do?"

"Right now there isn't much we can do. The redhead only makes small appearances so we should increase patrol, maybe she'll make a mistake and we can catch her. Kai and I can try and figure out her next move, though we already have an idea. Bella should be more vigilant and maybe spend more time here on the reservation where she has more protection." Kayla explained. As much as she hated to say it, Bella was safer on the reservation.

Sam sighed, "I agree with Kayla. There's not much we can do other than increase patrol."

"I have to get home. I have something I need to take care of." Kayla spoke as Sam nodded.

"I'll walk you out?" Jacob offered. Kayla smiled as Jacob followed her out of the house and towards.

"I'll see you later?" Kayla smiled.

Jacob smiled, "Definitely. And thank you for what you did today."

Kayla sighed, "Just because I don't like this situation doesn't mean I won't do what's necessary. However, I don't like Bella is left unprotected, we need to make sure she's protected and her father, he has nothing to do with this. It's our job to protect them both."

"Thank you. That's all I can ask for." Jacob spoke grateful.

"You better be making it up to me soon." Kayla playfully glared at him.

Jacob smirked, "I'd expect nothing less."