Scene 3

QUANTICO, VIRGINIA, 5:45 P.M

Chatter and champagne filled the soothing air at the rooftop restaurant in Quantico, Virginia. Conversations were bursting with interesting stories and colorful words at every table except one. At this table sat a very well-dressed, but ill-mannered man who gawked at his date's beauty and elegance. His date was, in every way, out of his league, but online dating would do that for you. He had been watching this date's profile for a while, she never once had liked back anyone else except him. Maybe it was because he had done it a couple, dozen times, but he did what worked for him. She was a Doctor, so that meant money and she absolutely hot. What could be better? He thought as he looked his date over once more. His friend had recommended online dating for a fast hook-up, but right now, while he stared at his beauty, Philippe decided he wanted something slower. He began to imagine just how slow, while his date started to order from the waiter, who he had already checked out when she passed them the first time.

"Thank you." His date's soft voice shook him out of his mind and back to reality when she handed the menu to their waitress.

Their Waiter nodded, then looked to Philippe.

"I'll have a steak," Philippe ordered, all the while watching his date straighten out her golden sequined silk-georgette camisole, "Rare, and bloody," he smirked, fantasizing again.

"Hmhmm... will that be all?" Their Waiter asked and Philippe nodded handing her his menu.

Philippe's date turned to look at the view that the restaurant provided them. The sun had just set, and the city's lights illuminated the streets. His date's long neck and divine shoulders, sent shivers down Philippe's spine that he had to look away.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She asked, drawing his attention to the view.

"Yes, Caroline... but I think I found something more beautiful than that." He reached over and took her hands that laid nicely above her clutch on the corner of the table. "You have soft hands."

Caroline cleared her throat uncomfortable with his advancements, "Thank you?" He took two of his fingers and lightly brushed them over her knuckles, almost grooming them like a horse's back.

"You are very welcome." Philippe cocked his eyebrows seductively on every syllable, as he brought her hands up to his glistening lips.

Caroline could feel his breath brush up against her skin and she cringed.

"Ah Philippe," Caroline withdrew her hands before they reached his lips, "I don't think you understand what I do with those hands."

"Oh," he smirked deviously, "please, do tell, gorgeous. Do... tell..." He let his words linger longer than necessary to effusive his point.

She swallowed the bile that rose in her throat, "I-..." her phone vibrated and she eagerly picked it up.

Her eyes scanned the message and she smiled in relief, "Sorry..." setting her phone back down, she brushed her long blonde curls over her elegantly defined shoulders.

"So, what do you do with those glorious hands of yours?" Philippe asked, leaning in and scooping up her hands again.

He swiftly brought them to his lips and successfully kissed her hands before Caroline could retract them. She stared at him blankly, shocked at his boldness, and the amount of saliva that leaked onto her fingers. She ground her teeth withholding her disgust.

"I cut dead naked people open. And the secret behind my soft hand, dear Philippe, is that they soak in blood and guts all day long." She gave it to him cold and bitter, wiping his D.N.A off of her fingers.

Philippe's smile disappeared and he dropped her hands suddenly, his eyes widening, "You said you were a Doctor!"

"I am Philippe, a Pathologists: a Doctor who cuts dead naked people open. I'm sure you're just as hideous as I presume, ergo I'm not going to venture deeper into this dinner. I know one day you'll find someone that's as equally as dumb and despicable as yourself, so good luck." And with that Philippe's date got up, grabbed her clutched and walked off.

Philippe stood up to protest but their waiter came back with their meal just in time, allowing the length between her and Philippe to grow. When she felt she was a good distance away, she took out her phone and dialed a number, still glancing back at Philippe's table just to be cautious. She rolled her eyes in dismay when she saw that Philippe was already grooming another young woman's hands, and she was even more disgusted when she realized it was their Waiter's.

Caroline's phone rang a few times before a familiar voice answered.

She listened intently to the caller's words and then when he had finished she responded, "Norfolk, I'll be there. And Cody... don't let Moretti touch the body, again!"