Scene 9

O.S.I Headquarters, Quantico, VA, 2:59 am

Kimberly's tiresome eyes stared at the round, yellow clock mounted on the blue-tinted walls. She watched as the big hand made its way around the clock. With every second that past, the big hand got closer to three o'clock. When it finally arrived, Kim let out a long sigh.

"Oh. My. GOSH! Guys, it's three in the morning and we have no leads, no energy, and no sanity!" Kimberly exclaimed, dropping her head on her computer keyboard.

Not one of her co-workers commented on her exclamation, which brought a furrow to Kim's brow. She lifted her head and glanced at Cody, whose desk was to her right but was set further away, in the corner of the squad room. He was wholly engrossed in whatever his computer monitor displayed, his fingers eagerly typing on the dusty keyboard and hand guiding the mouse with annoying clicks following his scrolls.

He didn't seem disturbed by her random outburst, so she moved her attention along. She had to stretch her neck out to peer over the huge apple monitor on her desk to see Moretti.

The three-year-old probie was snoring away; his feet propped up on his desk, his chair reclined, and his mouth wide open.

Kim smirked as a childish thought flew through her mind. She pushed her chair a few inches away from her desk and opened one of the many cabinets built into it. Within this mysterious cabinet held the snacks that she stashed for late work nights, and a box of Honey-Coated Cheerios just happen to be one of them. She retrieved the box, letting the cabinet door close on its own as she tried to quietly unroll the plastic bag inside. When Kim had successfully doe so, she scooped out a handful of cheerios. A huge smile slowly began to grow on her tired face as she stood up. Leaning over her desk, she selected one round cheerio out of her palm and hurled it at the target, Moretti's open mouth. It missed the goal just by a centimeter, hitting his cheek and rolling off his face onto the gray carpeted floor. She frowned at her failure but she was determined to try again. So once more she picked another well-sized cheerio and launched into the air. It, like the first, missed, hitting his right eye instead. Moretti moaned as he stirred, and Kimberly dropped back into her seat. Though her view of Moretti was blocked by the computer screen, it didn't sound like he had fully awoken, so in child-like giddiness, she slowly grew out of her chair once more.

Kimberly's chocolate eyes slowly rose above the computer monitor and she regained her view of the probie. He was still sound asleep, mouth wide open. With a smirk, she heaved another cheerio at the intended target. The cheerio flew through the air and, finally, landed in Moretti's mouth. Kimberly pushed out her chair as she jumped up in triumph, hands pumping in the air, and lips mouthing silent cheers of victory.

"Gotcha!" Cody exclaimed, totally oblivious to Kimberly's childish outburst.

Kimberly blushed, embarrassed to think that her close friend and co-worker might have watched her foolish actions, "What?"

"The bank records," the Marine didn't even glance at her, eyes glued to the screen.

Realizing that Cody was talking about the case, she adulted almost immediately, turning her full focus on Cody, "What did you find?"

"Another motive for killing our pilot..." he mumbled.

"Really?" She walked out from behind her desk to Moretti's.

Kim swiped Moretti's feet off his desk, with a chuckle, waking him from his sleep, "Cody has a lead."

Moretti jolted up out of his chair and, almost immediately, coughed up the victory cheerio.

Brow furrowed, he mumbled, "A cheerio?"

Kimberly was interrupted before she could confess to Moretti what she had been doing only minutes before.