Scene 13

Lobby - O.S.I Headquarters - Quantico, VA, - 8:10 am

"Visitors are not permitted to have firearms or weapons on them while in any federal building," informed a rather tall, bulky man sitting behind a high counter in the lobby of the Quantico building.

His skin was cocoa, and it glistened with lazy sweat around the collar of his light-blue uniform.

"Even if I'm a cop?" A woman in her mid-twenties didn't seem wavered by the large security guard, flashing her VA badge attached to her belt with confidence.

The guard eyed the badge, "Sorry, but I can't let you through with a firearm unless you have clearance. It doesn't matter if you have a badge, Miss Nelli O-beg," The guard read the visitor file she had filled out.

"Öberg, actually." The young cop corrected and sighed impatiently, "What are the chances that I can get that clearance in the next five minutes?"

"Impossible... for you." The guard's fat lips smacked the last words as he snorted his contempt toward the annoying rookie.

"Fine." She reluctantly handed over her semi-automatic pistol and then headed over to toward the elevator.

"Ma'am we're not done with you yet. Please, kindly proceed through the scanner while we check your bag." The man outstretched his hand waiting to take her college-styled backpack strapped to her petite body.

"Is that absolutely necessary?" Her voice squeaked as she squinted her large, round, brown eyes in slight hesitation.

The Guard nodded slightly, crossing his arms and choking back a string of swears.

She let out a balloon's worth of air and relented him the straps of her forest green backpack.

The man pawed through it thoroughly but neglected to discover anything suspicious besides dirty gyms clothes, a water bottle, student i.d to a local college, and a pack of spearmint gum still in its plastic wrapper. He walked out from behind his desk and held her bag out to her from the other side of the scanner, shaking it like a cruel owner would shake a bone at his dog.

She proceeded through the scanner, eyes on the bag ahead of her when a loud, clipping beep sounded.

The Guard rolled his eyes and flicked his hand, motioning for her to go through it again, "Please walk backward, then go in again."

She moonwalked back through the scanner, a smirk plastered on her face. For a second time, the clipping beep sounded.

This sound caught the attention of a middle-aged man making his way into the large building. The man's converse sneakers slapped on the marble floor as he waltzed right past the piling line of impatient people waiting to go through security. Curiously, he took a peek at the loud and elaborate scene before walking toward the elevator.

"Miss O-,"

"Please, call me Nelli, since you obviously can't pronounce my name." The spunky cop corrected.

"Is there any possible way, that you are carrying another weapon?" He squeezed his hands into fists to control his aggravated temper.

"Bob..." Nelli shifted her weight onto her left hip and then in a silky voice asked, "Can I call you Bob? I don't mean to be disrespectful..." her voice trailed off seductively, "but my whole body is a weapon." Her voice turned hard and gruff as she trudged back through the scanner.

The man by the elevators shook his head. The kid-cop was clearly fresh out of the academy. He waited for the security guard's response, that was sure to be seething with irritation, when the elevator bell rang. It wasn't every day he saved a life but he figured today was a rare occurrence. The man ignored the elevator and approached the commotion while reaching into his leather messenger bag to retrieve his wallet.