Chapter 11-Answers

Riley Ann POV

I can't believe it. Vince had escaped and he could be heading here for me. Now, I had to worry about the safety of my family. Immediately, Charlie and I went to the police station to not only see what the hell was going on and to see what can be done about it. "WHO THE FUCK ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN?!" Charlie screamed at the police chief. Many of the officers who were sitting at the desks turned around and looked at Charlie. "Son, you need to calm down. He snuck out when he was doing laundry duty. We didn't know that he would think about escaping. He was left alone and no one was with him." Charlie's fists hit the desk and broke an ashtray that the chief had on his desk. "Hon, you're bleeding!" I screamed. I grabbed the first aid kit and held Charlie's right hand and began to bandage it. "Look, Charlie. We have placed an APB on this guy. Everyone will be looking for him. Don't worry about it. We'll even have some police officers around your home, 24/7." I finished bandaging his wounds and I feel less at ease knowing that Vince was around. "I DON'T FUCKING CARE THAT YOU PLACED AN APB! I WANT THIS SON OF A BITCH CAUGHT!!" His breathing became erratic and heavy. "Charlie, please calm down. I need you to breath. Please, stop." I whispered. Charlie looks towards me. His eyes practically spelled 'I'm worried'. "Chief, is there anything else we can do about Vince?" I calmly asked. "Just be alert." I sighed softly and slowly nudged for Charlie to leave. We walked out of the station and said nothing. We got into the car and still said nothing. As we left the station, Charlie then said, "We need to move your parents. Can they stay in Connecticut for a while?" I yawned lightly and said, "Yeah, I'm sure they can. I'll tell them." Charlie was already trying to make conversation but I was already tired. When we got to the stoplight, Charlie grabbed the blanket and placed it on me. I adjusted myself and slept on the way home. After everything, I wanted to sleep to try to not think of my problems. Before I fell asleep, I could hear Charlie calling my parents explaining the situation.

Sometime Later

I awoke in my bed, in pajamas. Charlie was at his desk, writing his closing argument. I rubbed my eyes and groaned. "How did you sleep, love?" Charlie asked me. I moaned and said, "Great, but I feel hungry. These cravings will make me fat." Charlie smiled and said, "No. You're very beautiful." "Did you call my parents?" I asked. "Yes, they are staying in Connecticut for another month. We're gonna have to plan the trip to New York for another time, love." He then stood up from his chair, to reveal he was half naked with boxers. I blushed at the sight of his hard and defined abs. "Like what you see, baby?" He smirked. I nodded and Charlie sat next to me. We began to kiss and I rubbed my hand on his chest. "I want to make love, but I'm so tired." I said. Charlie held me close to his chest. "I know but I can still kiss you." Charlie held my neck with both of his strong hands with such delicacy. He planted kisses on my neck and began to massage my breasts. He then started to flick and pull on my nipples. His hands were starting to tighten around my neck, making me want him. "You're beautiful, pregnant or not pregnant. I love you so much." We kissed for quite a while and then Newt comes in with Lily playfully meowing behind him. Newt then stands over her and licks her face. I laugh as I see this. It's too funny and cute. Charlie then brought me into his arms. His chiseled chest was so smooth that it made me drool a little. I run my finger up and down his chest, making him excited. "I love you, Charlie." I whispered. He smiles and says, "I love you too Riley." Charlie and I placed on our robes and went to the kitchen. Newt and Lily followed close behind. Charlie began to cook some spaghetti with marinara sauce and mushrooms.  I began to set the table, happy for the smallest moment. Then, I heard the nightly news blasting from the TV. "Breaking News today! Vince Lee, 26, has escaped from Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center by jumping the fence and escaping through the woods. We are here with the couple who unknowingly picked him up. What was it like pick him up and actually drive him here to Boston?" The newscaster asked an elderly couple. The elderly woman looked at the camera and said, "Well, we picked him up some food and some clothes for him. He said he became lost in the woods after having a drunk night with his friends. He even said that they took his car and wallet so we handed him $100 dollars." The newscaster then asks, "Nothing spoke out you that he escaped from prison?" The elderly woman said, "No, ma'am. I was doing what seemed like the right thing." The newscaster then looks at the camera and said, "We'll be back after this break." I then shut the TV off and said, "Poor couple. They didn't know any better." Charlie then finished cooking and placed the food on the plates. Charlie called me over and we sat down together. Newt and Lily sat around us and laid down next to each other. "This is good, Charlie." I replied. "Thank you, love." He said. We continued to eat until it was time for me to clean the plates. Charlie then said, "Go get ready for bed. I'll take care of this." I then pick Lily up and Newt followed me. I walked upstairs towards our bedroom. I then went to the closet and picked out pajamas for me and Charlie. I take off the comforter and decorative pillows off the bed and placed our thick blankets and pillows back on the bed. I then turn the TV back on and switch it to Golden Girls. My go-to show. I laugh at the jokes that are said as I wait for Charlie. After 30 minutes, Charlie walks in and takes his robe off and into his blue pajamas. He then crawled into bed with me and held me close. "Goodnight, my wife." He whispered. "Goodnight, my husband." I replied back. We kissed and held each other close.