Chapter 15-Taken

Third Person POV

Charlie was shot in the chest while Riley was taken. Neighbors were calling the police and another neighbor tried to stop the bleeding. Charlie was responding and kept screaming, "He has Riley! He has  Riley!" EMS and police arrived at the scene and take care of Charlie. Police are asking neighbors if they saw anything. Others pointed to how Riley was taken by Vince. Police immediately set out a search for her while Charlie was taken to the hospital. We all prayed for Riley to be safe and for her to be rescued quickly for the sake of her baby. 

Riley Ann POV

I woke up in a dingy and cold room. The windows were shut and I was even chained to the wall. I breathe heavily and look around the room. There was a chair that was in front of me and nothing else. I hear the door open and pretend that I am still asleep. I hear the creaking of the stairs and heavy footsteps. I also hear chuckling as well. I feel a cold hand against my face along with a kiss on my forehead. I slowly flutter my eyes to see Vince. I groan softly and say, "Vince, please don't do this. For God's sake, I'm three month's pregnant. You can't do this to me." Vince ignored me and proceeded to unchain me and to sit me down in the chair. He tied my hands behind my back and I continued to say, "You won't get away with this, Lee." Vince smirked and says, "Oh, its Lee now? You used to call me baby and sweetheart when I would kiss you." I shuddered, remembering those times with him. "That was a long fucking time ago when I was stupid to have been with you. I count my blessings that I didn't lose my virginity to you and I that I gave it to Charlie when we married." Vince was so furious that he punched me in the face, making me spit out blood and breathe heavily. "Fucking pussy. You hit like a bitch, Lee." Vince could have slit my throat or stabbed in the stomach but he didn't. "Charlie is gone. I shot him and I left him to die. Now, you are a widow and you are completely helpless." I choke back tears, thinking of Charlie and how mercilessly he was shot. "No matter, my sweet. You and I can marry and when that child is born, I'll raise that child like my own. It'll have no memories of that fucknut of that dead husband of yours." Vince picked up his weapon, stuck it in his waistband, and walked towards me. I knew that this could be the end of me. I close my eyes and waited for the shot to ring out, but there was nothing. Instead, Vince kissed me again on the forehead and says, "I'll be back. You need to eat. I'll pick up some takeout for us. Like old times. Remember them?" I silently nodded as Vince wipes my tears. He smiles at me and then walks away. As I hear the door close, I sob loudly. I wiggle and thrash around in my chair to no avail. I then close my eyes and say, "Charlie, please don't be dead. I need you. Please, my love. Please find me. Please." I hope to God that Charlie heard me. Please baby. Please don't leave. I love you.