{3}

As Zach walked back to his locker at the end of the day he grabbed what he needed for homework and head to the front doors of the school. He went out the doors, grabbed his phone plugging in his headphones and turning on his music to walk home too. The walk wasn't long, even if it was boring, and Zach didnt exactly get excited to go home as much as he hated school. 

He lived with his father since his mom had called him a sinner and left when he turned 14. Zach came from a family with money which he wouldn't ever speak of, in fear of being called a brat. His dad was always there for him though; he was accepting and loved Zach no matter what. He, unfortunately, did have to work alot out of state so Zach was home alone most of the time. Sometimes his best friend since forever Jack would come over and they would hang out but Jack did have football, creating a busy schedule for him too. Zach watched his friends football practices last year but the bullying had gotten so bad now that he couldn't stick around the school and still make it out alive. 

Zach was about halfway home, walking with one headphone in and the other dangling out of his hoodie when he heard someone faintly call his name. He stopped and looked over his shoulder to see the blond boy he met earlier. He stopped as Corbyn ran up to him smiling as Zach just gave him a monotone look; not a smile not a frown somewhere in the middle. 

"Hey, I didn't know you walked this way! we could have walked together I was just talking to someone." Corbyn said walking next to Zach who had taken his headphones out 

"oh...uh sorry..." Zach said shyly

"don't apologize, do you wanna hang out? we can play PlayStation if ya want?" Corbyn said still smiling at Zach 

Zach didnt really want to say yes but then again if he said no it would come off as rude. really he just wanted to go home and vent to his dad about the strange day he had; mixed emotions of good and bad radiating off the day he'd been having. 

"Umm.... you could come to my house for a bit if you want I don't think my dad would let me go to your house though...he's kinda protective," Zach said looking at Corbyn giving him a soft smile

"sure where do you live any way I live over on Brendon street near Ellenville if you know where that is, kinda sketchy neighborhood" Corbyn laughed and Zach snorted at the last part 

"come on I'll show you" Zach said as he inverted the direction they were walking twards his house 

the two boys walked and talked about the homework from their economics class which was super complicated to both of them. they said they would do it when they got to zachs so they could help each other. corbyn did most of the talking on the walk home with Zach joining in occasionally.

when they went to zachs street Corbyn stopped and looked at Zach confused. 

"you live in Ashton lakes?!" Corbyn gushed looking at Zach who sighed and looked down 

"*sigh* ya," Zach said still looking down 

"cool I've never been in here before, doesn't like the governor live in her? I've heard its posh," Corbyn said with a bad fancy person accent making Zach laugh 

"yes he does now come on" Zach said dragging Corbyn along 

zach walked up to the gatehouse and the guard recognized him saying hi and asking who Corbyn was.